Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i would like a wiring diagram for the ecm and the ignition switch for a 2006 nightrod.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You need a service manual. The digrams are in the back.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10-4........ going to the dealer in a few minutes to see my guy and get some copies made of the diagrams. thanks

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lookie.... ok i have a diagram and is the wire i'm looking for the wire labeled LGN/V it is DATA BUS on the cluster end and SERIAL DATA LINK on the ECM end also it goes to DATA LINK CONNECTOR it is pin #3 on that end . i have a digital tach/shift light i'm installing.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
lookie.... ok i have a diagram and is the wire i'm looking for the wire labeled LGN/V it is DATA BUS on the cluster end and SERIAL DATA LINK on the ECM end also it goes to DATA LINK CONNECTOR it is pin #3 on that end . i have a digital tach/shift light i'm installing.
Not sure what your digital tach requires but the LGN/V wire (serial data) probably won't work. The ECM pin #3 (marked as not used in most schematics) is the Tach signal wire. You would also need a 72076-00 socket terminal for the ECM connector since this pin position is empty as shipped from the factory. Some people tap the control signal to the coils on pin C of the coil connector (blue with orange stripe or yellow with blue stripe) but I think the tach signal provided by the ECM is better.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
stever975 said:
Not sure what your digital tach requires but the LGN/V wire (serial data) probably won't work. The ECM pin #3 (marked as not used in most schematics) is the Tach signal wire. You would also need a 72076-00 socket terminal for the ECM connector since this pin position is empty as shipped from the factory. Some people tap the control signal to the coils on pin C of the coil connector (blue with orange stripe or yellow with blue stripe) but I think the tach signal provided by the ECM is better.
:stupid:

I think there are a few threads on how to wire up a shift light.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
#3 pin not empty!!! i've got the pass seat off and the ECM is unpluged pin #3 is a light green/violet wire and pin #4 is empty now what?

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
#3 pin not empty!!! i've got the pass seat off and the ECM is unpluged pin #3 is a light green/violet wire and pin #4 is empty now what?
Sorry, I don't have the '06 wiring diagrams. They must have changed things.

From 2002 to 2005 that LGN/V was the serial data line and went to pin #5. If it's in #3 now you'll need to get help from someone with the newer drawings.

The drawing I have that shows the tach output on pin #3 is drawing number v0063x8x labeled "Figure 1-4. Starting Circuit" on page 1-11 in the 2002 VRSCA Electrical Diagnostic Manual.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the diagram i have says the #3 pin is unused also. i must have a old diagram dammit, whos got newer diagrams. UPDATE i'm an idiot, i was looking at the wrong module we will git it fixed monday i'm leaving for myrtle beach in the morning. thanks for all the help folks ya'll are great

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's alive..... it's alive.......... tach works great pin #3 was the trick thanks to all, especially rjrivero thanks agin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts