Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2009 VRSCAW
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
After hearing my first set of drilled pipes I would like to have a set for my bike. If you've moved on to aftermarket and have a set lying around please give me a shout.
I am looking for pipes that have been neatly modded with nice symetrical holes and little to no flaws in the chrome to keep my bike pristine looking.
Thanks for looking!

·
Midwest Pimp
3,106 Posts
What's up...Not sure if anyone will have a set, but honestly, I would just take a sharpie and do it yourself...I did 8 1/2 inch holes.
Take a ruler and make a cross on your exhaust, then an X...Make sure the dots look good and centered, take a punch to dent the center of the sharpie spot and take a 1/2 drill bit and have at it...I did mine this way and they came out great, but you will want to just go ahead and take out the baffle after riding with them drilled for a bit...Taking the baffles out, you will need to get it mapped....
Oh and make sure you put the holes close to the exhaust opening and then if you do remove the baffles later, you won't have to worry about the outer edge of the exhaust being destroyed
Good luck and ride safe....

·
2009 VRSCAW
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gary,
Thanks for the input!
Honestly I thought about doing my set but I am notorious for screwing the pooch when it comes to power tools and metal. If I can't by a set already drilled I may look into sending mine out when the riding season is over if i can find a person willing to do it for a fair price.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Hello all!
After hearing my first set of drilled pipes I would like to have a set for my bike. If you've moved on to aftermarket and have a set lying around please give me a shout.
I am looking for pipes that have been neatly modded with nice symetrical holes and little to no flaws in the chrome to keep my bike pristine looking.
Thanks for looking!

I have a 2005 set of for sale in the classified section with a video of the sound, in case they fit ond you are interested, keep me posted!

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141935

·
2009 VRSCAW
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the post!
I have been advised not to go with more than 8 holes per can without a fueler and yours appear to have more so I'll have to pass on them.
Good luck with your sale and have a great weekend.

I have a 2005 set of for sale in the classified section with a video of the sound, in case they fit ond you are interested, keep me posted!

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141935

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Thanks for the post!
I have been advised not to go with more than 8 holes per can without a fueler and yours appear to have more so I'll have to pass on them.
Good luck with your sale and have a great weekend.
Ok, just in case pics added in the Classifieds section, take care!

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
You need a controller fueler whatever . You will change the performance not inprove it, I think it will run lean. Anyway I,ve gone the route that you are going and believe more than 1 person about the addition fuel controller being necessary.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I have a complete set of 2008 stock pipes and shocks in the sale threads. Just click my name and go to post I have started to see the pipes in a pic.

Or just click here, LOL.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143155
wrong cans, he's looking for the "sweepers" from an A or AW
OP: it might be easier for you to drill your own as you know just what you want and will be happy with, then just purchase a set of stockers off of here instead of drilled.

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
I can drill a set for you, if you wish. I happen to have a set of stockers, (minor scrapes, downlow), and can drill whatever you wish. PM me. Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts