Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some DAMAGED lower frame tubes, both right and left sides.

I'm working on an aftermarket "new & improved" version and need to evaluate several OEM failures for engineering purposes. I'll pay shipping!

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
I know this won't help much because I threw mine out a couple of months ago, but what do you need to know, maybe I can help?

You may remember I laid my bike down back in Oct of 06 I did damage the lower rails on my D. The damage consisted of a bent tube where the highway peg welds on to the rail. Basically when it hit the ground the highway peg folded back and partially collapsed the wall of the tube.

Does this help?

Jay

·
George
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's pretty much what mine did...... specifically, I'm trying to see if they are all folding the same way.... If so, the tube might be able to be strengthened or even redesigned... Also, I want to get some extra end connectors so I can build a jig for testing (I really don't want to have to drop my bike a dozen times!!!!). I'll probably destroy the first ten or so that I build testing them to failure.

Even if it turns out that I can't build them as designed by the MoCo to be any stronger, perhaps I can redesign the peg mount so it fails instead of the tube.... either way, I KNOW I can build it cheaper! $260 is a lot of dough for a simple piece...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts