Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Where did you get from? I haven't really dug into it yet, but how is removing the stock baffle and replacing it with the new one?
I just ordered the damn thing from BioHazzard cycles where I bought the pipe to start with. The three bolts that hole it in or the end cap are red loctited in. Heat will make it easier to get them out. I did it cold and it was a bear to get them moving. I suggest a propane torch on the screw heads or better yet, break them free while still hot from a ride. Simple remove and install from there. I will post up the 3 different available baffles for this an soon. Measurements are bore ID. Ok, so one on left is the standard baffle the Akro ships with. it measures 36mm on the small end and 43mm big end. It's 72mm long. The middle one is the TUV103 db killer. It measures 36mm straight through and is 155mm long. The one on the right is the Yamaha baffle, TUV104. It measures 33mm straight through and is 155mm long. I feel the TUV104 is way to restrictive. The bitch would be the quietest of the bunch though
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered the damn thing from BioHazzard cycles where I bought the pipe to start with. The three bolts that hole it in or the end cap are red loctited in. Heat will make it easier to get them out. I did it cold and it was a bear to get them moving. I suggest a propane torch on the screw heads or better yet, break them free while still hot from a ride. Simple remove and install from there. I will post up the 3 different available baffles for this an soon. Measurements are bore ID. Ok, so one on left is the standard baffle the Akro ships with. it measures 36mm on the small end and 43mm big end. It's 72mm long. The middle one is the TUV103 db killer. It measures 36mm straight through and is 155mm long. The one on the right is the Yamaha baffle, TUV104. It measures 33mm straight through and is 155mm long. I feel the TUV104 is way to restrictive. The bitch would be the quietest of the bunch though
Ron
I ran the bike in the shop with the standard baffle. Damn that's loud when you crack the throttle. Put the TUV103 baffle in. Almost too quiet. Completely changes the tone of the pipe. It's been mentioned by someone that the quiet baffle makes no difference. I can tell you, it's a huge drop in db from the standard baffle.
Ron

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran the bike in the shop with the standard baffle. Damn that's loud when you crack the throttle. Put the TUV103 baffle in. Almost too quiet. Completely changes the tone of the pipe. It's been mentioned by someone that the quiet baffle makes no difference. I can tell you, it's a huge drop in db from the standard baffle. It's as quiet as my supertrap fatshots were with it.

Ron

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the sound of the Akra with no insert, really deep on decel but not all that neighbourhood friendly. I was thinking of making something along these lines, offset with adjustable weight, quiet while short-shifting but opens up when you twist it. 4” Retro-fit 3-1/2″ Long Tube with Internal Stainless Super Flap
You run this pipe with no baffle at all. You animal. Then again, I run the TUV103 db killer and on the test ride the other day, it's a tad quieter then I like. Standard baffle is a tad too loud. Gotta find that in between spot. LOL
Request off to Akro to find approx amount of trimming of the 103 baffle for noticeable effect without overshooting it.
Ron

·
Registered
69 Posts
Only open temporarily lol. I also have the TUV103. The Europeans have some great pipes with servo-controlled baffles. Expensive as hell but effective for noise reduction. Lmk what you hear from Akra.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only open temporarily lol. I also have the TUV103. The Europeans have some great pipes with servo-controlled baffles. Expensive as hell but effective for noise reduction. Lmk what you hear from Akra.
Will do. Strangely enough my last question of the rear mount was answered via Drag Specialties through Akro.
Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts