Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
First of all, thanks to 1130cc.com for a perfect place to get information and inspiration! :)

I need to lower my 07 DX a couple of inches at the most. What Progressive Suspension lowering-kit, or any other kit would be the best one?
Yeah, I know Legend Air has a kit, but I will try to use "normal" suspension before emptying my wallet...;-)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
440's, from what I have read and heard. There are a few others and I am sure someone else will chime in.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Kurt,
My fiancee :))) just lowered his 2007 DX, he got the Progressive 440's in 12 inches. He loves them. He's on the phone with me, and he is going to email me the exact part number, so you can look into the same ones!

He said there are a lot of 440's in 12 inches, so he's going to send me the part number of the exact ones he got. His are all blacked out, look really nice.

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CUPCAKE said:
Kurt,
My fiancee :))) just lowered his 2007 DX, he got the Progressive 440's in 12 inches. He loves them. He's on the phone with me, and he is going to email me the exact part number, so you can look into the same ones!

He said there are a lot of 440's in 12 inches, so he's going to send me the part number of the exact ones he got. His are all blacked out, look really nice.
Wow, thanks to both CUPCAKE and Gdub here :).

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Kurt...here is Rob's response to me:

"and of course they are black...

part number: #4404054B "

Like I said, he has them on there now, and we rode with them this weekend...

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
kurtos said:
Excellent! :-D
Put a pic out here on that bike! :)
hmmm...I don't think we have taken any pictures of the bike since he has the new shocks on. I can take one tonight, and upload it then, if that's ok....

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
kurtos said:
Yeah :), sounds great. Thank you so much for helping out!
No problem! I have no idea what time it is where you are, and don't feel like looking it up right now :D But I can tell you i'll be about 4 hours or so before I have the picture up, but I'll do it!

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Kurt,
Here are the pictures that I took tonight. Rob was sitting on the bike on a couple of them, talking with the neighbor :)

Anyway, they look really good.

Let me know if I can help our in anyway!!!!

**Disclaimer, Rob was caught in the rain the other day...so excuse the dirt :)

Attachments

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
My DX is lowered 1" off of stock shocks. I don't know that you would want to go much lower. I belive the shocks are 11.5" from hole to hole. Pics in my gallery.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Here are the pictures that I took tonight. Rob was sitting on the bike on a couple of them, talking with the neighbor :)
Those shocks look awesome on the DX!!! :)

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Avante said:
Are they more comfortable than the standards , my standard ones tend to bottom out with a passenger on the back.
Avante,
They are definitely more comfortable that stock. Again, Rob has 12" shocks, and yes, we did bottom out at first with me on the back. Now keep in mind that I do have my own bike, so Rob and I never ride 2-Up. The only reason we did, was because we took my bike down to the shop for 10,000k service, and I needed a way back home, so I rode with Rob. We had to pull over and adjust the 12" shocks, because with me on the back, we were rubbing that back tire. Now when Rob rides solo, he doesn't have a problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cuppy,

What mirrors did Rob put on? Can I get a better photo of them? I am not sure if Rob has more in his gallery. If so just tell me where to find him. What do you think of them? I have been looking for new ones but have not been happy with anything yet.

Thanks

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Jonny Vegas Rod said:
Cuppy,

What mirrors did Rob put on? Can I get a better photo of them? I am not sure if Rob has more in his gallery. If so just tell me where to find him. What do you think of them? I have been looking for new ones but have not been happy with anything yet.

Thanks
Jonny,
Those are the Golf Club Mirrors. We have them on the DX, and I have them on my "A". The mirrors look cool as hell, but to be honest- they are NOT functional. However, I don't rely on my mirrors too much on the bike, when I can turn my head for a full view!!!

Rob has had 3 sets total in our bike "lifetime" and all 3 sets have come off ebay, and usually he gets them for about $40 a set..not bad!

They come in black (vivid)..and chrome....

I'll go look on ebay and see if I can find any...also, Max has these mirrors too, and he might have close up pictures.

Otherwise, I will put a link to Rob's gallery here in a sec...I can't remember what all he has in there, LOL

**EDIT- here is the link to his gallery...I don't think there are any closeups, but again, Max might have close ups, and you could always google the image of "Golf Club Mirrors" and look on ebay!!
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=10997

1 - 20 of 47 Posts