Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Trask. I told them that their turbo would look menancing on the other side with the intercooler and downpipe to match. Question? What motor would forum members suggest to run two turbos? A normal stroke big bore 1320? Need the rpms vs. the stroke? My other Vrod Stroker puts 153hp to the ground with a 260 tire. I want more for H2OV's creation.:moped:

·
all or nothing
1,372 Posts
For what do You need two turbos, while it is not possible to utilize a whole capacity of one small stock turbo in a Revo engine?
A supercharger and turbo combination would make sense to get wider torque band.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
For what do You need two turbos, while it is not possible to utilize a whole capacity of one small stock turbo in a Revo engine?
A supercharger and turbo combination would make sense to get wider torque band.
:them: ...... that and another ( 6th ) gear. :hidesbeh:

·
all or nothing
1,372 Posts
:them: ...... that and another ( 6th ) gear. :hidesbeh:
...or go to a chain drive, it allows to choose a longer desert ratio.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,929 Posts
Would be pretty cool to look at.

Way overkill!!!

BB with turbos have a hard time keeping the wheel from spinning.

·
The Hawk
3,772 Posts
You would basically need two turbos that are half the output size of the current turbo. One benefit of the smaller turbos is they would spool up much faster than the larger turbo giving you power at lower rpm, but the overall horsepower would not be any better that with one turbo.

Mike

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
You would basically need two turbos that are half the output size of the current turbo. One benefit of the smaller turbos is they would spool up much faster than the larger turbo giving you power at lower rpm, but the overall horsepower would not be any better that with one turbo.

Mike
i doubt that the nightmare of plumbing two turbos would be worth the quicker spool up...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, if the man wants a twin turbo vrod, then let the man make a twin turbo vrod. I'd sure like to see the build.

I'm more with the joint turbo/super charger but hey, dont let these johnny rainclouds spoil your fun =P

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
I really would like to see a Turbo/Supercharger big bore! hahaha Where's Lane?? He's gotta be crazy enough to try this!

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Right?! But I think the key word in Stomper's post is HAD that's alot to throw at an engine!! Just that size of big bore and the turbo would have been insane!
I've got a V&H 1430 on my V-Rod Bagger, it hauls just fine, and turbos on 3 other V-Rods, one has a 1250 BB kit with Megacycle cams, intercooler and 58mm throttle bodies along with SE heads, they pretty well straighten my arms out just fine.

One day soon I should fire the 1487 up and see how it rips. :hidesbeh:

I've never felt the need to tempt fate and combine even more into the mix.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Patm that is a hell of a collection of V-Rods you have there my friend. I would love to see what that 1487 pulls like. I just recently fired up my 1350 and that thing is night and day difference between the stock 1130 I had.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I called Trask. I told them that their turbo would look menacing on the other side with the inter-cooler and down pipe to match. Question? What motor would forum members suggest to run two turbos? A normal stroke big bore 1320? Need the rpms vs. the stroke? My other Vrod Stroker puts 153hp to the ground with a 260 tire. I want more for H2OV's creation.:moped:
What did Nick say when you called ?

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
I really would like to see a Turbo/Supercharger big bore! hahaha Where's Lane?? He's gotta be crazy enough to try this!
Your funny Chris, LOL

Twin turbos would be really cool to look at but all honesty, a 1350 Turbo is a tire smokin,clutch trashing machine. Traction is a big problem even at 60 mph just twisting the wick in 5th gear.

Sent from my PC36100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts