Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just checked in today, great forum you have!

I have a 2006 VRSCD (nightrod) with a modified rear I think because it has the 240 mounted and I believe it originally came with a 180 rear tire.

But, I would like to step up to a 250 Avon or 260 Metz rear tire. My only worry is... i just checked my current belt/ tire distance and the distance between my (1 inch) belt and the current 240 Metz is 5mm only.

Before purchasing a 250 or 260 I would like your opinion about if it is possible to step up. I have been reading all these threads regarding you guys stepping up to bigger tires but I have no clue about how much belt clearance is needed to be be able to. What was the belt/ tire distance you guys had with the 240 on it...?

If 5mm is not enough, is there any way to gain a couple of mm’s to do so.

Many thanx in advance.

Regards,
Mikey

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just installed a 280/35r18 metzeler 880 marathon xxl started with a 5mm clearance from side wall to belt on the old 240 scorcher 11, new 280 has maintained that clearance between tire and belt with no modifications, ride is better and control is easier and it looks great.
Alignment is perfect on rear axle.
Hope that helps you

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.