Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Biker 4 Life
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have the "wanna sell my bike blues." Lately things have been going wrong in my life and I don't know how to deal with them. I am not able to ride anymore and even if I have time, I don't seem to want to go. I am just in a state of depression I believe and need to get out of it. Bills are getting behind, the wife argues more than ever, the kids are out of control, and I lost my job. I need help, any suggestions.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
Sorry you are having some bad times.
Riding always makes it better for me. So don't sell it!
Hang in there and ride!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey hang in there everyone gets into little funks ever know and then and about the wifes B-tchin hey thats just a woman being a woman.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Depression is a powerful force.

Sometimes you just have to ride it out (literally or figuratively). Other times it takes talk, meds, or luck.

There is one big rule when dealing with depression or traumatic incidents and that is to avoid making major decisions, purchases, or sales while you're working through things.

·
Registered
379 Posts
if selling your bike is going to get you out of financial difficulty then do it. it's not worth the extra stress.
you can always buy another bike when things get better for you.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,396 Posts
chenner said:
if selling your bike is going to get you out of financial difficulty then do it. it's not worth the extra stress.
you can always buy another bike when things get better for you.
:them: Hang in there tho - better days are sure to be ahead. :angelwin:

·
Slave to my DX
75 Posts
DFinch said:
Depression is a powerful force.

Sometimes you just have to ride it out (literally or figuratively). Other times it takes talk, meds, or luck.

There is one big rule when dealing with depression or traumatic incidents and that is to avoid making major decisions, purchases, or sales while you're working through things.
:them:

i think we have all been there once or twice, going crazy because of the wife’s nagging, but always hang on to the things and hobbies you love most. If you loved riding don’t drop it just because times get hard, if you sell it when things do turn around get better, it is going to suck since now you don’t have your bike that brought you so much pride and joy! Do what most of us do, ride your problems away! :moped:

·
----->
7,589 Posts
The depression will pass. Stay away from the booz.
Hang in there and keep networking til you find the job.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I would not sell it. It might be hard to get another one. Keep it stored for a while. If you see you have not touch it by next year, than perhaps sell it.

Not working is hard and can take away some of your self worth. I would try and pick up any work while still looking for work in whatever specialty/field you are in.

As well. working will help the financial situation that can also help the relationship. I remember the times we were a bit hard off, we would fight more often since my gf was always nervous about having enough money for this and that. We always did and I always was able to find some work (contract jobs) to make ends meat, but she had a hard time with the insecurity of it all.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Xtreme1 said:
I am just in a state of depression I believe and need to get out of it. Bills are getting behind, the wife argues more than ever, the kids are out of control, and I lost my job. I need help, any suggestions.

All the more reason to ride. Do a short weekend trip solo, clear your mind, come back with a fresh perspective.

·
1 Person Biker Gang
287 Posts
Sounds like a lack of sex to me. Have more sex and the other stuff will fall into place.
Xtreme1 said:
I think I have the "wanna sell my bike blues." Lately things have been going wrong in my life and I don't know how to deal with them. I am not able to ride anymore and even if I have time, I don't seem to want to go. I am just in a state of depression I believe and need to get out of it. Bills are getting behind, the wife argues more than ever, the kids are out of control, and I lost my job. I need help, any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
IMO staying SINGLE has made me a much happier person!...I can hang with all my ladies when I need to,but ride when i want and riding is what makes all the stress go away!....I think we put too much of our time into work,our jobs and our relationships....you need time for yourself bud!..

get out and ride with some buds,out on some awesome hilly windey roads,look at the fall foliage and you will see things in a much better light...

I couldnt be happier then I have been since my new DX came along!

hang in there!...

Dan

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
Depression can be a serious thing, don't take it lightly. Only you and your family know how bad it is, so if you even think it might be, see a counselor or physician about it. I almost waited until it was too late, don't do that.

PM me if you need anything.

Good luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hang in there - life is a series of ups and downs - you are not alone, we all have been where you are, believe me, everyone on this forum can tell you they have been down and then back up. You are just going through a bad patch in your life right now. I can tell you from experience, that you can fight through it, be strong - there are jobs our there. I used to be a recruiter - if you want to send me your resume I will take a look at it and call you.... Rick
:thumb:

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
Wow, I was in the same boat not too long ago (like a month) I did put the bike on the market, but no takers...which I am glad, because I have rolled through it a bit, feel better and I am working on getting a personal unsecured loan to pay off some other bills/ make things a little easier. I know for a fact if I couldn't ride I would get even more bummed. There are few things that really make me super happy - one - good sex (so far I am not getting much of that these days ) two- my sweet daughter ( whos smiling face lights my world!) three- riding my bike (its just so friggin awesome on so many levels!!)

So, since I don't get the sex, I just hang with my daughter more- she's funny too- and I ride every chance I get. The depression will lift- sorrry the wife is being such a beitch. I work with alot of guys and I am amazed at the stories they tell of their beitchy women. I think if more women had to earn the money and see how hard guys work, they would shut the F up. Its sad.

Hang in there and One step at a time...don't make any rash decisions.

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Xtreme1 said:
sounds like a good time to smoke the tire off in the garage...
leave the door open though :angeldev:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Well it is a tough thing when you have a wife the nag's all of the time even without the other problems, I would suggest marriage counseling and lots of prayer for the rest of the problems.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Brother, Its gonna get better. I am not sure of youre religeon, but when I get down, I always pray...not only that but when I ride I feel closer to God. I am sorry about oure job, but you will get another.....hell, check with youre local Harley Dealer...they are always hiring!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
violet said:
Wow, I was in the same boat not too long ago (like a month) I did put the bike on the market, but no takers...which I am glad, because I have rolled through it a bit, feel better and I am working on getting a personal unsecured loan to pay off some other bills/ make things a little easier. I know for a fact if I couldn't ride I would get even more bummed. There are few things that really make me super happy - one - good sex (so far I am not getting much of that these days ) two- my sweet daughter ( whos smiling face lights my world!) three- riding my bike (its just so friggin awesome on so many levels!!)

So, since I don't get the sex, I just hang with my daughter more- she's funny too- and I ride every chance I get. The depression will lift- sorrry the wife is being such a beitch. I work with alot of guys and I am amazed at the stories they tell of their beitchy women. I think if more women had to earn the money and see how hard guys work, they would shut the F up. Its sad.

Hang in there and One step at a time...don't make any rash decisions.

Come to vegas, we can address the sex problem. As for Xtreme1 you may want to seek professional help.

·
Banned
837 Posts
If money is a serious problem, sell the $15,000 Harley, and buy a good used bike for cheap. But keep riding. Don't let The Sadness get the better of you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts