Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrecked my 'R this weekend. Luckily no injuries other than a broken hand. I've ordered several parts from the dealer but need several small parts. Does anyone have:

1. the handlebar buttons - chrome or black
2. an airbox cover (black cherry but any color will do)
3. LH radiator shroud
4. grips
5. lower chrome belt guard
6. low upright chrome sissy bar

The dealer wants $592 for painted airbox cover. The instrument cluster was over $500 with the clamshells.

It ain't cheap to wreck one of these...

·
JohnnyJolt
35 Posts
Didn't you have insurance?

I went down last year when three dear came out in front of me. It took 5 parts to get the bike running again and 49 to settle the claim.

I just took it to my local Harley dealer, paid my $500.00 deductible and picked it up looking brand new again.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope everything comes together for you.

JT

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
Sorry to hear this I dont have any of the parts you need but Im sure someone will come through.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I have a set of hand control buttons (I'm assuming you just need the caps because yours are hosed?). I took these black ones off mine in favor of chrome and they are in excellent condition. If you need the whole thing (switches and housing) I can't help you. Shoot me a PM if you need my buttons.

·
Registered
219 Posts
This is what I have, Both levers (polished)
all 4 turn signal lenses
all 4 foot pegs
both hand grips
shifter rubber
oil dip stick
I am going to be putting all this on ebay but I would be willing to sell to you instead, let me know if you want any or all of these parts.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I like the way you are going about this. Collect the insurance money and find bargains. Start checking ebay too. Don't let the stealerships bend you over! Be patient and you'll have it looking just like new in no time at a fraction of the cost. Also, do the work yourself, the stealership will keep it for months.

When I have my mishap, the stearlership kept my bike for 3 months. The airbox cover was $695 painted! I didn't car since the other person's insurance company was paying, but now I wish I did what you are doing.

·
Keeper of The Kraken
277 Posts
I've got a left rad shroud... I messed up my right one and had to buy both... got a good deal for the pair....... I'll pass on savings to you... send me a PM if you are interested and we can discuss.

Hope your hand heals quickly!
Lance

·
Keeper of The Kraken
277 Posts
Hey... I also have a black cherry airbox cover I bought to paint to replace my black one... I might be willing to sell to you.... it's got some light scuffs in the clear that I think should buff out.....

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
got clam shells

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
grips are better aftermarket look at kuryaken ISO's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts