Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My R is the only Harley in our group. It was a mix of Aprilia RSV, Ducati 1098 and GXR600 Sportbikes, Aprilia Futura and my R tourers, Beemer 1200 GS and Kawasaki one lunger KLR off road bikes dashing from Fairfield county Connecticut to Stowe, Vermont on Friday. Saturday into Canada with lunch in Knowlton by a Lakeside resort and return to Stowe via Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. Sunday was back down through WoodStock, lunch in Wilmington at the intersection of routes 100 and 9 where there was a very nice custom and clean R, mine wasn't so clean.

Like the KLR I was keeping the revs on my R in the 6 to 8 range for full throttle control in the twisties. It leans and climbs up route 17 in Vermont so well that the Ducati 1098 backed off and let me lead. I have never gotten my knee down, but if there is a bike I am going to do it with its this one, but on a track. The seat wasn't that much of a problem because I end up moving around a lot and stand up on the pegs motocross style for relaxation. We got back Sunday evening with really big grins.

Attachments

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Sounds like an excellent ride. I've never riden that part of the country but would sure like to one day. Good to hear the R held its own in some pretty fast company.:thumb:

·
Dean
775 Posts
Stowe is very nice. I will be up there the last weekend in September.

·
Registered
821 Posts
How nice it must be to have elevation changes and roads that bend. Jealous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts