Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bike snob
756 Posts
Can't help you w/the Part # but I saw several stock VRod seats on eBay today with no bids - might save you a few $

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip BigRed. I am trying to find an alternative (mostly cosmetic) for the factory seat on my DX but the 07's require a different seat than all the rest. To the best of my knowledge, the only option I have is to go and see if the CX seat will work or go the custom route.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
52394-07 Seat, Rider

52401-07 Seat, Passenger

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help everyone. What I am thinking of doing is replacing the stock seat on my DX with one from the CX or AW models (07 of course). I can't see any reason why this wouldn't work and looking at the price ($200.00 for both shipped) it is hard to pass it up. Anybody know if the part numbers above are for the complete seat (not just a pan or something) and if I would have any trouble fitting to the DX?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Brian, did you set on Quick's seat to check it out? I just wonder if you would get much improvement and $200 might get some gell inserted in your stock DX seat.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't been able to check out Quick's or Saw's yet. I don't think there is much difference between the seats except for the pillion (which is really what I am after). I do want to do the gel though.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I had a friend that had the seat on his Concours Kawasaki redone by someone here in Nashville. I thought it looked pretty good and he had the gell put in. Can't remember what it cost, but I remember being surprised it wa so reasonable. I'd like to get mine redone to look like the seats were supposed too on the HD website. That would be easy to accomplish with the gell inserted to raise the "bun" areas. I need to find out who did his, get a picture off the site & see what they think they can do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts