Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have #356 and I bought it March 31, 2007 from San Diego Harley. I put 36K miles on the bike and road it from San Diego to Duluth Minnesota down to Indiana and to Texas. Every state for the most part Minnesota down to Texas and west, I have ridden this bike. I loved it. I now have 3 daughters and sold the bike about 3 years ago. I have been driving by the bike on a regular since and it has not been treated very well. I got the bike back and now I need to restore it. The first thing that I need to do is track down the decals for the bike so I can have it repainted. I have attached the sore spots for the paint. Is there anyone out there that can get me some information as to where I can get replacements? Thank you in advance for the help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
good to see a used X. these bikes are to drive, not to be stalled in a garage and sold with low miles.
i found a spare airfilter-cover and a spare headlight with mount second hands. hope i never need.

goodluck and like to see when you restored!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found a painter as well as someone that makes the decals. Since Harley doesn't sell those decals, they have to be custom made. I am thinking this process is going to take a little bit. I have the airbag cover with the decal maker. They are going to start playing around with with the decals. I will post progress as it happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already called them, eharleyparts.com. They were the ones who told me that Harley doesn't produce them and that eharleyparts.com does not have any either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update, the decal people are trying to accurately get the decals into their computer to the exact scale. I told them that if it was off in any way, I will not pay for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just an update, the decal people are trying to accurately get the decals into their computer to the exact scale. I told them that if it was off in any way, I will not pay for it.
I am very interested in the decals you are having made. My original air cover is damaged and would really like to restore it. I bought #658 brand new here in Houston. Please feel free to let me know what you come up with, here, email or text. Thanks in advance Kevin Schutt 832-373-8682 [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been a while since I have done an update. I apologize, COVID has killed a lot of interactions with people. I will be finding the time to create something to scan these images. I had a picture scanned of the air box cover left side with a fabric measuring tape as a reference. I just taped it on in a straight line just for reference marks not actual measurements. I had a success! from the 35 to 36 inch marks on the tape, it was spot on. From the 37 to 38 inch marks, again, spot on. Somehow from the 36 to 37 inch marks, it was 1/8 inch off. Somehow the image got stretched. So, I am trying to figure something out. I apologize it is taking longer than hoped. A few irons in the fire, graduate degree, baby, honey do's, etc.. I will keep you posted. I think I am going to borrow some of my kids legos to help keep the camera straight and even speed next time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts