Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
There is great peace and enjoyment riding any V Rod and Smiling ear to ear !

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I got new evidence biatchs.

I just got new motorcycle insurance 10 minutes ago. I called Geico, rattled off nothing except my VIN. The lady said ok that's a Harley Davidson V-rod screamin' eagle, nice bike.

So the deal is...... If it benefits you in any way shape or form, the X is not a screamin' eagle. ie. resale value, trade in value etc. If it harms you in any way ie. higher insurance rates, parts cost more etc. then you're damn skippy it's a screamin eagle. :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: Funny how stuff like that works out isn't it.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
I think I have a Screaming Eagle, ah...CVO, ah...I can't tell anymore with all the mods. Call it whatever makes you feel good. The one true thing I do know:

ITS A FRIGGIN V-ROD

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Ive got an 06 SE and my buddy has an 07 X and his insurance is twice what mine is, and he has a clean driving record. I wonder how the ins. company's come up with their rates. My three bikes are about what he pays.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Might depend on who he got insurance through. I found as much as 1000 percent difference in companies. One $268 a yeat the other $220 a month.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
screamin joe said:
Might depend on who he got insurance through. I found as much as 1000 percent difference in companies. One $268 a yeat the other $220 a month.
This is a true statement. Last year when I first insured my X, Gieco was about $550 a year, American National was $525, Progressive was $1975.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The engine is identical, same cams, same intake and maps... Now, the older bikes have the smaller rear tire so they probably will show a little more RWHP...

I own both 05 and 06 CVO Screamin Eagle V Rods. I really like the "X" bike and they are special in their own way, but they were designed as a "screamin eagle tribute bike" to recognize the accomplishments of the V Rod drag racing team. There are very few items the same between the CVO Screamin Eagle and the "X" models. Even the engine is different with the SE CVO's having wilder cams and a different computer program making a little more HP, not to mention $10,000 worth of chrome. The "X" model does although have the later cast port screamin eagle heads on them that were used on the 06 CVO SE. Again, the "X" is a Great Bike and I would love to own one, but they are a "screamin eagle tribute bike" and not a true "Screamin Eagle". Nowhere does Harley Davidson call the "X" model a Screamin Eagle and it does not have the "SE" in its letters like VRSCSE & VRSCSE2 do.

:soapbox:

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
I thought this thread was dead. Ok this is straight from the "horse's mouth".

Milwaukee, Wis. (July 14, 2006) - The new, limited-production Harley-Davidson VRSCX combines radical Screamin' Eagle performance with a drag-strip profile and graphics inspired by the V-Rod motorcycles raced by the Screamin' Eagle / Vance & Hines team that has captured two consecutive NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle world titles.

Production of the VRSCX will be limited to 1,400 units.

Dressed in the flamed orange-and-silver racing colors of the Screamin' Eagle / Vance & Hines team, the VRSCX shares the graphic details of the championship-winning Pro Stock V-Rods, right down to the Screamin' Eagle logo on the airbox cover and a V-Rod logo on the rear fender. To help celebrate Harley-Davidson drag racing heritage, the VRSCX also wears an updated version of the famous Harley-Davidson #1 logo on the top of the airbox cover.

The VRSCX packs a performance punch to match the race graphics. The bike is powered by a big-bore version of the liquid-cooled Harley-Davidson Revolution V-Twin, displacing 1250cc (72 cid), with custom-ported cylinder heads for better intake and exhaust flow and optimized cam timing. The big-bore Revolution engine puts out 86 ft. lbs. of torque at 7000 rpm and 123 horsepower at 8000 rpm. That power meets the pavement through a fat, 240mm rear tire mounted on an 18 x 8-inch Machined Slotted Disc Cast Aluminum wheel and a polished-aluminum swingarm.

Other race-inspired features of the VRSCX include a short stainless steel drag style handlebar, a compact drag visor like the one used on the Pro Stock drag bike, a scooped-out seat with embossed Bar and Shield logo, and a Brushed, Profile Laced Aluminum 19-inch front wheel.

The VRSCX also features forward-mounted foot controls, and like all 2007 VRSC models has a new five-gallon fuel cell and an ignition switch now located behind the radiator, high-performance Brembo brakes, a new instrument display with a clock and second trip meter, and an updated side stand with an easy-to-reach foot tab. The engine is finished in silver powder-coat with polished covers. The Harley-Davidson Smart Security System, featuring new hands-free fob and auto arming/disarming, is optional.

Not an SE but uses SE performance parts.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
exactly!! Let it die!!!

·
Snapper
1,307 Posts
I think it is an SE! :angeldev::stilpoke:

This thread is coming up on a Birthday! ahahahahahahaha:chair:

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
I'm not picking sides here, but I thought this would be of interest. This is out of an article posted on Motorcyclistonline.com about the VRSCF.

'What the Muscle is about is its motor. Powered by the 1250cc twin that debuted in the '07 VRSCX Screamin' Eagle CVO edition, it churns out a respectable 104.9 horsepower at 7750 rpm and 76.8 lb.-ft. of torque at 6250 rpm.'

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/f...avidson_v_rod_muscle/v_rod_muscle_design.html

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I'm not picking sides here, but I thought this would be of interest. This is out of an article posted on Motorcyclistonline.com about the VRSCF.

'What the Muscle is about is its motor. Powered by the 1250cc twin that debuted in the '07 VRSCX Screamin' Eagle CVO edition, it churns out a respectable 104.9 horsepower at 7750 rpm and 76.8 lb.-ft. of torque at 6250 rpm.'

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/f...avidson_v_rod_muscle/v_rod_muscle_design.html
Boy this oughta go over just peachy in Florida with the new laws that went into effect this month.

"Side-mounted license plate is lit per the law, flips out of the way when running from it. And no, we didn't just say that! Phat rear tire looks the business but hinders handling."
:rofl2:

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ok so an x is not a screaming eagle. But do they now in 2009 share the same 1250 engine H.P., Torque etc? Im new so go easy. Only have 2000mi on mine owned since Sept. loving every minute, low rider before.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Ok so an x is not a screaming eagle. But do they now in 2009 share the same 1250 engine H.P., Torque etc? Im new so go easy. Only have 2000mi on mine owned since Sept. loving every minute, low rider before.

Yes it's the same engine configuration.As far as torque and hp numbers,there are a few different ones floating around,most likely from the different exhaust systems.
With my experience,the 1250 puts right at 115hp and about 82 ft lbs of torque to the rear wheel with a set of pipes,filter and a proper tune to match.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I just bought a VRSCSE2 06 ORANGE AND BLACK can anyone tell me the production # for this bike.:eek:fftopic
I think you can decipher the VIN # in the owners manual to get the production #.
To the best of my knowledge,only the X has the production # posted on the bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Productions #s

Does anyone know the total production numbers of the '05 SE and '06 SE2?

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
[QUOTE
The only reference I can't stand to the X is when people call it a CX :banghead: .....it's an X,dammit.We don't call our A's and B's CA's or CB's,so don't refer to the X as a CX!:)

Elrod on the V:moped: -Rod[/QUOTE]

hey you call our x's dx's :moon:

·
Registered
7 Posts
The laced front wheel(as in wire spokes) is not a factory option on any Screaming Eagle V Rod. Get the vin. to be absolute!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts