Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Go fast, look good!
133 Posts
Cool, I can buy that... So now we have CVO Screamin' Eagles and HD factory Screamin' Eagles!!!

I mean... why would the factory put the Screamin' Eagle on my bike AND ON THE MOTOR if it wasn't one? ***It actually says "Screamin' Eagle" on the rear jug - just like the CVOs.***

Ford Mustang only puts that Cobra on a Cobra, Chevy Corvette only puts the ZO6 on ZO6's, Dodge only put the Super Bee on Super Bee's, and so on... right? :)

I know that everyone wants to feel that they have something special. The SE's are very special, but HD stopped producing them, and then put out an equally special X for one last year (probably giving the X a different designation to help keep the value of the SE's up there). They individually numbered the X's to help do the same.

HD put the Screamin' Eagle on it, not the individual public. So it will be a Screamin' Eagle in many peoples minds...? Where's Wily G when you need him! LOL!

Although, I wish that I had the SE's chrome... now let's argue about paint jobs! LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I think the confusion is that you do indeed have a "screaming eagle" tribute bike. Its painted to look like the factory race team drag bikes. The actual CVO bikes are built for two years, limited production hand built bikes, dripping in chrome. I would think that the X bikes, being limited in production even more would not want to be a "SE" bike but stand on their own as a "X" bike. Still a very nice and very sexy bike.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Tell your insurance company you want to insure a screaming eagle and see if the price goes up. The extra chrome parts over $10k worth on an SE will tell the difference. Especially if you ever wreck the bike. On an SE all of that chrome you want to add on a X will not be covered.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I own both 05 and 06 CVO Screamin Eagle V Rods. I really like the "X" bike and they are special in their own way, but they were designed as a "screamin eagle tribute bike" to recognize the accomplishments of the V Rod drag racing team. There are very few items the same between the CVO Screamin Eagle and the "X" models. Even the engine is different with the SE CVO's having wilder cams and a different computer program making a little more HP, not to mention $10,000 worth of chrome. The "X" model does although have the later cast port screamin eagle heads on them that were used on the 06 CVO SE. Again, the "X" is a Great Bike and I would love to own one, but they are a "screamin eagle tribute bike" and not a true "Screamin Eagle". Nowhere does Harley Davidson call the "X" model a Screamin Eagle and it does not have the "SE" in its letters like VRSCSE & VRSCSE2 do.

:soapbox:

·
Registered
9 Posts
As stated in the Harley-Davidson add for the 07 VRSCX ---Welcome to Burnout City. Population: 1,250 cc of Screamin’ Eagle® Revolution® V-twin. It seems even Harley dosen't know it is not a Screaming' Eagle.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
sounds like the know exactly what they are advertising, you have the screaming eagle motor(albeit with a milder cam I believe) All of the motors including the 1130 are revolutions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The SE 1250 motors are all the same from the same plant even. Stop with this. I can't take it!
If my 1 of 1400 Screamin Eagle VRSCX isn't a "real" Screamin' Eagle because it doesn't say CVO anywhere and wan't made in greater numbers with more shiny bits on it, then brothers and sisters,... I say..... CVO? -schmee vee ohhhh.

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
So I think most of us agree that a 'TRUE' SE Vrod was either an '05 or an '06 CVO. Thats my thought anyway for what its worth.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
VRSCXnelly said:
;) How about the Screamin' Eagle Vance & Hines NHRA Pro Stock bike? It only has the Screamin' Eagle paint job yet is still has the term Screamin' Eagle in its title.
This would seem to be how most owners of the 'X' would describe their bike. It is not a CVO bike and I don't think that owners will try to say it is.

I suppose I could always call it a 'V-Rod in Screamin Eagle livery', or a 'limited edition V-Rod' or any other number or titles. :soapbox:

Hell I might just call it Shirlene.:rofl:
You're right when you say "call it a V-rod in Screamin Eagle livery, or a limited edition V-rod" because that is exactly what the X is, a limited production V-rod in Screamin Eagle livery. The moco is the official designator of the Screamin Eagle bikes, aka, CVOs, and they didn't call the X a CVO. This doesn't detract from the overall beauty of the X, it is a good looking bike, just not a CVO or a Screamin Eagle.

·
Scotty
1,247 Posts
Vrscx-vrscse

Its no SE I give you that but I bet some of you CVO guys wish you had a 5 gallon stock, premo brakes, a 240 rear and the nice wide saddle is just a treat :D

Keep your chrome and what nots. I looked at SE's for a year and a half when I had my ol 05 B model just couldnt justify all the extra $$$ for chrome that a lot of owners complain is poor quality and falling off!

This is fact, I read it on many a post on this forum.

It aint Ripley's, believe it or not!

Attachments

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Why am I posting in this thread? I don't know, but since I'm here, here's my take on it. Screamin' Eagle is just a word. CVO is just an abreviation. CVO doesn't stand for Screamin' Eagle. Call your X a screamin eagle if you want, it says it on the damned bike in 3 spots, don't call it a CVO, it isn't.

CVO owners I hope you enjoyed getting robbed for CVO emblems as much as I enjoyed getting robbed for a fancy paint job and a sheet of black lexan (that I got rid of).

I think what all of us can agree on is that they are pretty damned nice bikes and we all payed more than we should have for them, and even if it's number 1 of 1 built, it blows (IMHO) if it's bone stock. We all should have waited till 08 and bought an AW with ABS and then modded the hell out of it and painted it the way we want it painted to make it truely 1 of 1 because we'd be the only people in the world to have that particular bike.

I predict myself shit-canning the X paint job on mine in a few years, hell there's 1400 more of them out there why not?

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
I like the way you think.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ONE MAIN POINT, The model number does not say SE. that's pretty simple.
But isn't it really most important that we all know what model the bike is. And when it comes right down to it, you can call it whatever you want to. Its your bike and no one other person has to even like it, just as long as your are pleased with it.
Sometimes I get great joy from pulling my Goldwing right up in front of a Harley shop. And a lot of time I like to drive my ole FLH right up the door of the Honda shop.
HELL it's your choice it's your bike.
I think it doesn't make a dang bit of difference what you ride, just as long as you do ride.
RIDE FREE, FEEL THE WIND, and just enjoy the experience.

·
Scotty
1,247 Posts
mwdhand said:
Why am I posting in this thread? I don't know, but since I'm here, here's my take on it. Screamin' Eagle is just a word. CVO is just an abreviation. CVO doesn't stand for Screamin' Eagle. Call your X a screamin eagle if you want, it says it on the damned bike in 3 spots, don't call it a CVO, it isn't.

CVO owners I hope you enjoyed getting robbed for CVO emblems as much as I enjoyed getting robbed for a fancy paint job and a sheet of black lexan (that I got rid of).

I think what all of us can agree on is that they are pretty damned nice bikes and we all payed more than we should have for them, and even if it's number 1 of 1 built, it blows (IMHO) if it's bone stock. We all should have waited till 08 and bought an AW with ABS and then modded the hell out of it and painted it the way we want it painted to make it truely 1 of 1 because we'd be the only people in the world to have that particular bike.

I predict myself shit-canning the X paint job on mine in a few years, hell there's 1400 more of them out there why not?
I thought the price was alright IMHO & Tins and black lexan always welcome here! I dont need ABS that bad :hiding:

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
SE or X, I like em both

·
Registered
555 Posts
OK I give put the two together.......then you have SEX

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
DOESNT that describe all vrods??

·
Go fast, look good!
133 Posts
If you google "2007 VRSCX", and click on any one of the HD dealers websites, this is how the VRSCX is described every time:

"Welcome to Burnout City. Population: 1,250 cc of Screamin’ Eagle® Revolution® V-twin. Built to pay tribute to the second-consecutive NHRA® Championship for a V-Rod® dragster. Big bore cylinders and ported heads that boost performance. And drag bar, smoked drag visor, laced front wheel and a 240 mm rear tire that let everyone in the general vicinity know it came to kick ass. The paint, graphics, #1 logo on the body work and embossed Bar & Shield logo on the seat pay further tribute to the reigning short-order cook of the quarter-mile. When parking this 1 of 1,400 limited-production beast, consider trading the garage for a missile silo."

It's a tribute bike, but not to the "Screamin' Eagle Livery", it a tribute to the Vance and Hines race team... by their own words, HD says it's a Screamin' Eagle, and they put the graphics all over it (as well as put the Screamin' Eagle plate on the motor--- just like the CVO's).

·
Scotty
1,247 Posts
armybombtech said:
If you google "2007 VRSCX", and click on any one of the HD dealers websites, this is how the VRSCX is described every time:

"Welcome to Burnout City. Population: 1,250 cc of Screamin’ Eagle® Revolution® V-twin. Built to pay tribute to the second-consecutive NHRA® Championship for a V-Rod® dragster. Big bore cylinders and ported heads that boost performance. And drag bar, smoked drag visor, laced front wheel and a 240 mm rear tire that let everyone in the general vicinity know it came to kick ass. The paint, graphics, #1 logo on the body work and embossed Bar & Shield logo on the seat pay further tribute to the reigning short-order cook of the quarter-mile. When parking this 1 of 1,400 limited-production beast, consider trading the garage for a missile silo."

It's a tribute bike, but not to the "Screamin' Eagle Livery", it a tribute to the Vance and Hines race team... by their own words, HD says it's a Screamin' Eagle, and they put the graphics all over it (as well as put the Screamin' Eagle plate on the motor--- just like the CVO's).
Yes well the V&H team is the S/E V&H team so actually it is a Screamin' Eagle Race Team "livery" tribute.
Having "V-ROD" and "Screamin' Eagle" gets comments like "Well there's no mistaking what that is!" I know I wish H-D had used the rear fender artwork on the bike like the Pro bike. If it had "Vance & Hines" instead of "V-ROD" would have been the icing on the tribute bike's cake to add the NHRA connection.

Then everyone would know it as the Vance & Hines NHRA tribute bike. I think it would have made it very desirable to some of us drag racing inspired rod owners and also gained some extra "V-ROD" recognition from fans alike.

I know it sounds maybe a little like cheap advertising but they were the guys that made the racing history for this tribute bike to start with, credit where its due I think.

I know what mine is and it ain't CVO. But then the uniqueness in numbers, livery and upgrades from an 06 bike were welcomed by me. Styling got my attention after looking at DX's for a replacement to my black on black 05 B there was no comparison IMHO. The X is an all around winner and great value for money if you dont want bling all over it. No offence to you chrome guys you have very nice bikes, I just aint convinced that chrome is worth it.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts