Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Now on a VRSCDX!!!
Joined
·
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a bike says Screaming Eagle on it's custom paint scheme tank and has the the 1250 Screaming Eagle motor, and is limited production, and has parts not available on other models (the laced front wheel) is it a Screaming Eagle V-Rod?
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
VRSCSE said:
If a bike says Screaming Eagle on the tank and has the the 1250 Screaming Eagle motor, and is limited production, and has parts not available on other models (the laced front wheel) is it a Screaming Eagle V-Rod?
No because it's not being built by CVO (Custom Vehicle Operations).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
I agree, No, it's not because it's not CVO. I would say it's easiest to see this when you look at hd.com and look up the SE models, and V-Rod is not there for 2007.
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
Cycleman6 said:
I agree, No, it's not because it's not CVO.
???????

It's because it's NOT made by the CVO group that it's not an SE model.
 

·
Peaked At Birth
Joined
·
5,198 Posts
Is the instrument cluster in the style of a CVO or not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
bonketi said:
Is the instrument cluster in the style of a CVO or not?
No. It looks [somewhat] like a conventional V-Rod instrument cluster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
A couple of facts...

Screaming Eagle parts/engines are a special performance division of HD...

CVO uses many parts from the HD standard accessories catalogue and the Screaming Eagle parts catalogue including the engine...

Is the VRSCX a Screaming Eagle bike, just as much as any of the CVO built bikes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
This is question is going to ruffle feathers so don't get too angry at my response. After all we are all here to have a little fun and I do like the X. I am guessing owners of SE's are going to say no and owners of the X might say yes. IMO, if you break down the wording then any motorcycle that you add Screamin Eagle components to whether it be from the factory or not, could be considered a Screamin Eagle motorcycle. A few things are for sure, HD's website doesn't pull up the X when you look for "Screamin Eagle" named motorcycles in the Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) section. I know what the SE in VRSCSE stands for but not sure what the X stands for. The X owners can't say their motorcycle was built by the CVO division of Harley and I don't believe any motorcycle besides CVO motorcycles like the VRSCSE are assembled by one person. Sorry X owners, you are not a Screamin Eagle unless it says "SE" or "Screamin Eagle" in your manufactures acronym or name, not just on the paint. If X owners are so confident they have a Screamin Eagle motorcycle then the next time you want to order a part or accessory just walk up the HD parts counter and tell them in these exact words "I have an '07 Screamin Eagle V-Rod" and see if you get what you want. My guess is no X owner will take that gamble and simply say "I have an '07 VRSCX". It is completely up to you if you want to tell them or anyone that you have Screamin Eagle painted on the airbox and some Screamin Eagle parts on the motorcycle.:angeldev:

cortc: I would still like to meet up sometime as I do like the X.
 

·
#424
Joined
·
151 Posts
;) How about the Screamin' Eagle Vance & Hines NHRA Pro Stock bike? It only has the Screamin' Eagle paint job yet is still has the term Screamin' Eagle in its title.
This would seem to be how most owners of the 'X' would describe their bike. It is not a CVO bike and I don't think that owners will try to say it is.

I suppose I could always call it a 'V-Rod in Screamin Eagle livery', or a 'limited edition V-Rod' or any other number or titles. :soapbox:

Hell I might just call it Shirlene.:rofl:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,724 Posts
I think you should call it Shirlene. I like it!! From now on, all X bikes are to be referred to as Shirlene.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
wiley81db said:
I think you should call it Shirlene. I like it!! From now on, all X bikes are to be referred to as Shirlene.
There was me thinking 'Gloria' was the name! (not!). I'm a bit new to all this, but the motor seems definitely 'Screamin Eagle', they say it's a 'Tribute' to the NHRA bike (those who don't get the forward controls and expect rearsets), it isn't actually a drag bike, it's a road bike meant to look and feel cool (and say YEAH! to the V&H team). I imagine the V&H bike ain't built by CVO, but try and tell them they're not the Screamin Eagle team!...
BTW, I'm enjoying mine that much, I wouldn't care it it was called a Honda C90:moped: ...not that they're not cool if indeed they have a forum!?!??!?:D The X is probably more limited numbers and individually marked too...just my 2 bob's worth...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
CVO's Screamin Eagle V-Rods are limited to 2005 & 2006! The new 2007 say's Screamin Eagle on the air box but lacks the gauge cluster also all the CHROME that makes our SE's. HD needed something to sell in 2007 that had the same engine size / power level as the CVO's to the public.
 

·
DARK KNIGHT
Joined
·
212 Posts
Well today I went to buy brake pads for mine and the service guy looked it up and asked if mine was a VRSCX ? advised him no mine is a VRSCSE2. he said according to his computer it comes back as part for VRSCX. and this leads me to ask someone out there this question. Do I need to remove the tailpipes, shock, and the rear of the swingarm just to replace the brake pads?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
Agree and sure we should get together sometime for a ride, my sister lives in Palm Beach...

RayRay'sV-ROD said:
This is question is going to ruffle feathers so don't get too angry at my response. After all we are all here to have a little fun and I do like the X. I am guessing owners of SE's are going to say no and owners of the X might say yes. IMO, if you break down the wording then any motorcycle that you add Screamin Eagle components to whether it be from the factory or not, could be considered a Screamin Eagle motorcycle. A few things are for sure, HD's website doesn't pull up the X when you look for "Screamin Eagle" named motorcycles in the Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) section. I know what the SE in VRSCSE stands for but not sure what the X stands for. The X owners can't say their motorcycle was built by the CVO division of Harley and I don't believe any motorcycle besides CVO motorcycles like the VRSCSE are assembled by one person. Sorry X owners, you are not a Screamin Eagle unless it says "SE" or "Screamin Eagle" in your manufactures acronym or name, not just on the paint. If X owners are so confident they have a Screamin Eagle motorcycle then the next time you want to order a part or accessory just walk up the HD parts counter and tell them in these exact words "I have an '07 Screamin Eagle V-Rod" and see if you get what you want. My guess is no X owner will take that gamble and simply say "I have an '07 VRSCX". It is completely up to you if you want to tell them or anyone that you have Screamin Eagle painted on the airbox and some Screamin Eagle parts on the motorcycle.:angeldev:

cortc: I would still like to meet up sometime as I do like the X.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
The VRSCX is a special bike for only 2007 and is even more exclusive than the SE bikes, it has the part that counts; a 1250 Screaming Eagle engine - all of the other chrome add ons. I would have bought a 2006 SE but do not like the extra pod on the tank nor all of the bling and frame color... It is a matter of tast, if you are happy with a particular model of V-Rod that is what is important...

Remember Screaming Eagle is a performance parts division for Harley-Davidson and CVO is a group that takes these along with regular parts from the P&A cat and puts them together as a factory custom...

The funny thing is I went to by a part for my new bike the other day and said a 2007 X and the parts guy said "Oh you mean the new Screaming Eagle..."

With that said, I love my X...

808VRSCSE said:
CVO's Screamin Eagle V-Rods are limited to 2005 & 2006! The new 2007 say's Screamin Eagle on the air box but lacks the gauge cluster also all the CHROME that makes our SE's. HD needed something to sell in 2007 that had the same engine size / power level as the CVO's to the public.
 
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Top