Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am from Germany and here is no one could help me with the baseplate and upright.
I bought following baseplate 51138-07 and 51120-01A ; both doesn`t fit.:chainsaw: you can see some Pictures in my album "baseplates"

Cause of this forum now I know the it must be the part 51098-06 and upright 51177-06: Hope these will fit.

:stilpoke::stilpoke:
Is here anyone who would sell these parts !!!!!!!!!!???????? HELP

Would pay a good Price.

Alex

·
Registered Useless
590 Posts
Of course you know the '06 SE2 has a unique rear fender size, between a '02-06 180 and '07-'11 240. I adapted a '06 SE2 dog-ass to fit my '05 SE by simply cutting it in two and butting the ends together. You don't even notice the seam.

So in theory, you could adapt a '07-'11 base-plate to fit your SE2, provided your cutout is precise such that the two halves butt together nicely when you bolt each side down and braced together by the luggage rack or a mini back-rest (provided you fabricate some kind of adapter plate to compensate for the hole spacing). Underneath a luggage rack, you wouldn't even notice where the base-plate is spit. If you want perfection or screwed up the cut, you could aluminum TIG the two halves together, smooth out the weld, fill, tap & drill the rack mounting holes, and re-chrome.

It's a bit extreme but just a thought. It's the price we pay for having a one-of CVO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sell the baseplate part numer 51138-07 : (Baseplate for 2007- big tire)

If someone Needs..... please contact me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts