Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my previous threads asked about the 260 Metz fitting on my VRSCSE2 and I finally made the time to order it and have it installed today. The certified mechanic at a local motorcycle shop came out to confirm that I bought a 260 and was replacing a 240 and did I know if it would fit etc. I said of course it fits and that the people on this forum are never wrong:angeldev: Anyhow, didn't put many miles on it but it seems to fit great and I don't yet have any problems. It is tough for me to remember what the 240 looked like in comparison but this 260 looks awesome. Sorry no pics yet. Is it possible that I might have achieved some sort of performance enhancement due to a change in tire. It might be in my head but I think I feel a little quicker pick up, cornering seems about the same and the ride seems smooth as usual. Thanks to all the provided advice on the 260 upgrade.

Thanks also to those that had previous threads on the best headphones to use while riding. I know there are some out there that don't believe in iPods and want to hear the wind and the rumble etc, so don't beat me up for wearing headphones. I ended up going with Shure headphones. So far so good. They fit much better under a full face helmet then the nike pair I had. I also think it will be more comfortable when the headphones are in for long periods of time and the sound quality is tons better.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got around to taking some pictures and this one applied to this post.

DSC04676_original.jpg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blazrdude said:
so the 260 fit the same rim as the 240 ?
Indeed. No mods necessary.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
cool. Wise choice. You should think about getting your bike off of the trailer and riding it. (just joking)

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
damn that looks awesome!!!! and I am loving that trailor as well.

·
Hotrod Vrod
63 Posts
Tire definately looks awesome from behind...
but that tag sux!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Looks good! So, are you on your way to Hooters? Gonna pull around the corner and unload it and ride it to the front door?

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
man i love that look.. i keep trying not to be tempted to convert mine and you guys jsut keep posting nice pics.. bastids!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for commenting. I wanted to respond to a couple specifically.
staticfiend said:
Damn! Thats sweet! I dont care what any says. Fat is where is at!:laugh:
Paris crying on your avatar. That is how she looked when I told her I only like fat assess.:moon:
tpdog said:
Tire definately looks awesome from behind...
but that tag sux!
Your from Southwest Georgia, that is almost on top of Tallahassee. You must be a Florida Gator graduate like my wife. You should however be a Bulldog fan in which case you should love the Noles since we gave you Mark Richt.
smokenjoe01 said:
Looking good. Why dont HD put a fatter tire in there?
I am sure by 2009 they will be putting a 260 on there. They just have to read the forum to see how many people love them and then claim they came up with a good idea.
VenomousSVT said:
damn that looks awesome!!!! and I am loving that trailor as well.
Several others had PM'd me on the trailer. If you are interested check this out. http://www.kendonusa.com/
DallasV Rod said:
Looks good! So, are you on your way to Hooters? Gonna pull around the corner and unload it and ride it to the front door?
On this bike, Hooters girls come to me, not the other way around.
Gdub said:
cool. Wise choice. You should think about getting your bike off of the trailer and riding it. (just joking)
I know you and DallasV Rod are just joking but so you know. I trailer it to vacation spots where it is worth having both modes of transportaion. Headed down to my parents place in the Keys and bringing wife and young child and riding three up with my 2.5 year old on my shoulders, is not safe. Especially through Miami, which was ranked at the top for worst drivers and road rage. Also, I have put on 6K miles since Jan. '06, which seems decent to me as first time motorcyclist that doesn't take it long distances just short rides around town.

Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lamonster said:
This chart gives you the recommended wheel size for the tire size.
What size rim is on the VRSCSE2? I am sure I can look it up but thought I ask the question here as well.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
8" If you do a search on the forum, metzler actually calls this a stage 1 tire mod or something like that. It is acceptable. Many have but a 260 on the 07 and I think it is a 8" as well. Mine rides like a champ and love it.

·
DARK KNIGHT
212 Posts
Lamonster said:
This chart gives you the recommended wheel size for the tire size.

so you are telling me that yes I can put a 260 on my 240 rim as long as I have the 240/40R18 TL 79V which makes my rear rim a 8.5 incher. wooohooo!

:broke:

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
RayRay- Sweet looking! I plan on doing the same thing soon. What is the exact Diemnsion of the tire you used: 260/40R18 or 260/35R21?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to all for commenting.

tray said:
RayRay- Sweet looking! I plan on doing the same thing soon. What is the exact Diemnsion of the tire you used: 260/40R18 or 260/35R21?
Tray: I just went out and pulled up the cover to verify that it is the "260/40R18" you referenced, however I think it said VR but regardless that is the size. I believe the last number in the sequence is supposed to match your rim diameter so to use your other referrenced option, I think you would need a 21" rim/wheel and I have no idea if a 21" wheel would fit these bikes, doubt it though. Good luck and let me know if you would like any other snap shots or information.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts