Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ex-sunshine rider
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a wiring diagram/schematic for the VRSCSE instruments? I'm going to fit VRSCSE gauges to my VRSCA and need to compare the wiring. Any help is appreciated.
:notworth:

·
Ex-sunshine rider
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No kellybig your set up started me off but it will look different. How different I don't know yet as I am starting to gather the bits and pieces now and then mock up,change, decide if I like it etc etc.

Anyhow I need a wiring diagram/schematic first to have a looksee. I sent you a PM a while ago but no reply.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Peter, take a look at these

Here are the schematics

Attachments

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Peter, here are the pictures of the console, tacho and speedo.

Attachments

·
Ex-sunshine rider
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Scrmng E
It looks like it's a brown and violet wire not black and violwt but the question is where does it go. Also on the console wiring there is one label wire named "switch" but what switch are they referring to? Anyway maybe some one will post the schematic and put me out of my misery

Pete

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
I'll trace it this weekend.

·
LOS ANGELES
1,757 Posts
Peter, I think I found it. Take a look at this. Note that the BN/V is #3 on the speedometer harness and #4 on the speedometer itself.

Attachments

·
Ex-sunshine rider
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fantastic that diagram answers both of my questions. The famous brown and violet wire is for some sort of security indicator on the speedo and the "switch wire" going to the console comes from some sort of switch.

Thank you very much for your help in this and my problems are now solved.

Pete

·
Out of time....
98 Posts
Sorry to bring back to life this very old thread but I am in the middle of a big modification to my 2006 VRSCD and have the new center console assembly on-hand and I am having the VRSCSE Airbox cover painted and just ordered new handle bars and head light and want to install a new speedometer/tachometer/odometer and I am leaning towards this one as it is small and compact:

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....tegory_id=550/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd265.htm

With the wiring diagrams provided above should this be a some-what easy re-wire job to get everything working?

Any tips/pointers from your conversion that you can help with this project would be greatly appreciated!

-Mark

New Airbox cover painted:

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts