Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Goddamn I Love it when people get the rear fender RIGHT!!! What a great bike.:notworth:
It is a very nice look from that pic.
However, that fender forces the use of a side mount plate, which to me, is never "right"! Always looks like: " hmmm, I'll just shove it over here".

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's a style thing. Fashion over function. Thankfully, the Arnott's do a damn good job of making the ride bearable. Air ride is so nice. Plus, the "Hisssssssss" when you park the bike and let the air out ALWAYS turns heads.

//Edit - I see it this way - The VRod has a nice ass. Like, yoga-pants-nice. Why hide it? If you got it, work it.
While we're on the subject - look at my mirrors! It allows me a great view of my knees.

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's a style thing. Fashion over function. Thankfully, the Arnott's do a damn good job of making the ride bearable. Air ride is so nice. Plus, the "Hisssssssss" when you park the bike and let the air out ALWAYS turns heads.

//Edit - I see it this way - The VRod has a nice ass. Like, yoga-pants-nice. Why hide it? If you got it, work it.
While we're on the subject - look at my mirrors! It allows me a great view of my knees.
THAT factoid should be included in the HD brochure!

·
DarkTari
530 Posts
Childrens Hospital Charity Car/Bike Show

My painter told me about this show when I picked up my final parts for Project Bluey. I finished Bluey on a Friday. Saturday rode around most of the day. Got caught up in traffic and arrived at the show late after judging was over .... Saw my painter and he introduced my to the guy incharge, who told me I would have to talk to the judge about entering. So I talked to 2 of the judges that really didn't want to judge me. Asked them to just go over and at least ltake a look at it since I had already paid the registration fee. They did, they awarded me 1st place Bike !!!!!!!! :D

When I pulled in, all eyes were on Bluey and as I rolled thru the show and parked. Folk started walking over waiting for me to shut 'er down. Then came all the questions and spectating which was cool. Since I did the build, I was able to answer ALL the questions they had. I was there about 1.5 hrs and was back on the road again to go to several cookouts!!!!! That was a good day .......

·
Registered
27 Posts
My painter told me about this show when I picked up my final parts for Project Bluey. I finished Bluey on a Friday. Saturday rode around most of the day. Got caught up in traffic and arrived at the show late after judging was over .... Saw my painter and he introduced my to the guy incharge, who told me I would have to talk to the judge about entering. So I talked to 2 of the judges that really didn't want to judge me. Asked them to just go over and at least ltake a look at it since I had already paid the registration fee. They did, they awarded me 1st place Bike !!!!!!!! :D

When I pulled in, all eyes were on Bluey and as I rolled thru the show and parked. Folk started walking over waiting for me to shut 'er down. Then came all the questions and spectating which was cool. Since I did the build, I was able to answer ALL the questions they had. I was there about 1.5 hrs and was back on the road again to go to several cookouts!!!!! That was a good day .......
Looks awesome man, congrats

What kind of headlight fairing are you using? This is prolly the only one i like from the ones i have seen so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
luggage rack ?

Have 05 vrod with mini backrest Im looking for the luggage rack that attaches to the baseplate because the mini backrest does not allow me to put a normal luggage rack on. Ive seen pics of this rack but cant find it anywhere any help would be appreciated . THX in advance

·
DarkTari
530 Posts
Have 05 vrod with mini backrest Im looking for the luggage rack that attaches to the baseplate because the mini backrest does not allow me to put a normal luggage rack on. Ive seen pics of this rack but cant find it anywhere any help would be appreciated . THX in advance
This mini backrest I believe will work with the HD luggage rack:

I know the back rest/rack you're talking about but can't find info right now..

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
This mini backrest I believe will work with the HD luggage rack:

I know the back rest/rack you're talking about but can't find info right now..
Close but not quite. That backrest works with the one piece cast luggage rack only. The luggage rack you pictured bolts to the baseplate. He could install the rack you pictured and then install the traditional backrest that bolts to the side of the baseplate.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

101 - 120 of 125 Posts