Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

601 - 620 of 638 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
New Here

2006 VRSCR, 5350 miles, Black/silver lower, black frame. Bone Stock, (that's probably temporary, knowing my history). Can't post a pic yet, but you've seen plenty of those. :them:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ckueless...but here to learn

picked up a 2006 (6400 miles) Street about a week or so ago.
Rode a long time ago, but an 86 Interceptor...so very different.
Missed it, but now I'm back to it after 15 years (always kept my motorcycle license since then). Will be poking through forum, need a phone holder (but heard negatives about the Harley one) and saddle bags or something besides a backpack but my preliminary search shows these can be a struggle to mount. Only mods, as described by PO, is a Corbin seat and a set of progressive shocks. He was like 5'7" and wanted it lower. I will have to figure out how to get that ride height back, but that shouldn't be an issue. Didn't do much wrenching back when I had the Honda, but since then I've done engine swaps, lift installs and other work on all my trucks, so I will be diving into Harley work as needed.
Bill

Attachments

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
For phone, here's the two best one's I've found.

By far the best, but a little spendy is the Perfect Squeeze from Hondo Garage. You can get an adaptor to mount the phone in portrait if you want-- this thing is utterly bombproof, as it was designed for hard-core dirt bike/dual sport/offroad use:

http://www.hondogarage.com/index.php/catalog/devicemounts

Second place goes to the Ram Mount Tough Claw w/ tether:

https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Tough-Claw-Universal-RAM-HOL-UN7-400U-Electronics/dp/B01CW8IUW2?tag=vs-powersports-convert-amazon-20
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017STCELI?tag=vs-powersports-convert-amazon-20

Finally, forum member "soy" just posted looking for a VRSCR Corbin. If you don't like it, maybe you could work a deal with him?

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420505

Have fun-- the R is a GREAT bike-- I regret selling mine (for medical reasons) every time I walk by my F in the garage. The F is a good bike, but the R was great.

R.

·
Asatruar
2,939 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
'06 VRSCR Black/Chrome -STL

Got 'Roddy' in 3/17 with 11k on him.. He just crossed over 15k (its been a good summer so far.) Stock in almost every way, a few cosmetic changes (black OEM levers, smoke lens, about to put in CustomDynamics LED tail light if I could get through the Locktite to get the rear fender cover off.. :/) Probably going to do a vmod on the stock exhaust to get a slightly more aggressive note from him, but I don't have any need to go crazy with a fuel commander etc currently.. the bike runs like a dream, don't wanna mess it up. Probably get rid of the dogs-ass when I'm jonsing to ride this winter or want an excuse for a project on the bike.

LOVE MY 'R. Its a 10+ year dream finally come true.

Attachments

·
Danodemotoman
31 Posts
New owner 06 R

Having noticed several years ago that HD made I bike I wanted after test riding.
Fast fwd to last week and got an '06 R orange/silver with 12k mi, looks all stock.
Noticed the fork clunk and today read the threads on that concerning the steering stem. Will try the shimming.
Long time rider ADV, DS, ST, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2006 vrscr
Blue and silver
Saddle bag mounts, may turn those into a rack.
Vance and hines 17535 pipes
Purchased 4/24/17
Mid 45,XXX miles
Purchased from rockrshop in green bay area
It's now in Wausau, Wisconsin

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2006 Mirage Orange VRSCR Aquired last week

Finally got another bike despite all the pushback from my wife.
Finally a Harley. The VRSCR just felt right.

2006 with 8,250 miles on the clock. Bought from Dallas HD, Allen Texas after much haggling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
06 Orange w/black frame. Purchased in March '18 with 6900 miles on it. Supertrapp slip-ons being the only mod. I added reduced reach bars which made it way more comfy for me. I have always ridden standards except for owning an 1100 Shadow for a brief period so the R feels just right for me. I also grew up riding dirt bikes so the saddle height is not an issue for me. My butt starts begging for relief after about an hour in the saddle so I need to check into getting something more comfy.
Blacksheep83

Attachments

·
The Massive Pr1ck
2,630 Posts
Just bought a black R, has 1400 miles on it...all stock..
That's outstanding. That low of mileage an 06 motor is prime for the cam drive sprocket/water pump drive bolt backing out. Highly recommend you preemptively pull the left side cover, remove, red Loctite, and reinstall with proper torque. Mine backed out at about 1,500 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eric here, after being in the market for a muscle, the more reviews I read, the more I realized that “going really fast in a straight line” wasn’t what I was looking for. Picked up my R last week.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
Eric here, after being in the market for a muscle, the more reviews I read, the more I realized that “going really fast in a straight line” wasn’t what I was looking for. Picked up my R last week.
I've had 'em both. Had an R, but had to sell due to a cervical fusion. Picked up an F to replace.

The R is *definitely* a hoot-- basically a 600 lb. sport bike. Especially if you tune the engine, get rid of the boat anchor H-D laughingly calls an exhaust, and reworking the front fork and rear shocks.

That being said, doing all of the above to an F makes for a pretty hair-raising ride as well; it does just fine in the twisties-- enough that I had to change out to pegs that gave me more clearance.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

The only real issue with the R is parts. The F is a right bear to find parts for, but it's a walk in the park compared to an R!

Just my 0.02.

R.

601 - 620 of 638 Posts