Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call your dealers service department and give them your VIN # to see if this recall affects you. If the dealer has parts in stock for you it should be a very quick fix depending on their schedule they should be able to slide you in.

Subject: SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN 0132

Dear Harley-Davidson Dealer:

Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety may exist on certain 2006 VRSCR model vehicles built prior to February 16, 2006. These motorcycles were designed and built with a condition whereby the pant leg of some riders can have direct contact with the exhaust pipe. This condition could cause the pant leg to char or burn, which could lead to the possibility of injury to the rider.

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
X1 MIKE said:
Call your dealers service department and give them your VIN # to see if this recall affects you. If the dealer has parts in stock for you it should be a very quick fix depending on their schedule they should be able to slide you in.

Subject: SAFETY RECALL CAMPAIGN 0132

Dear Harley-Davidson Dealer:

Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety may exist on certain 2006 VRSCR model vehicles built prior to February 16, 2006. These motorcycles were designed and built with a condition whereby the pant leg of some riders can have direct contact with the exhaust pipe. This condition could cause the pant leg to char or burn, which could lead to the possibility of injury to the rider.

What the hell are they gonna do to fix that?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
smoothrod said:
Cut off the riders right leg, of course. :hmm:

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
rjrivero said:
Cut off the riders right leg, of course. :hmm:
An alternative is to issue a pot holder to each rider to strap onto their leg.:)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smoothrod said:
Add on heat sheild. I have not seen one yet because none of our floor bikes were affected. The 06&07 sporty's also have a new heat sheild recall.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
What happens if we don't want it put on...I have no problems and I am quite happy w/ the way the bike looks

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Wonder if the shield will fit the trask turbo LOL

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JDR_ROD said:
What happens if we don't want it put on...I have no problems and I am quite happy w/ the way the bike looks
We know where you are and we will be there shortly to confiscate your bike and put the heat sheild on. :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
JDR_ROD said:
you will have to suffer..........ever watch ghostrider.

·
Thread Killer
4,567 Posts
Why no reacll for the " clunk " or the warping brake rotors!!!!!!

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Moco is issuing a Halon Bootstrap that will activate around 250 degrees. Should save the skin bit the pants may suffer.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I guess they are watching. The pics posted of toasted legs (ewww) probably went a long way toward doing something.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
gtrman66 said:
I guess they are watching. The pics posted of toasted legs (ewww) probably went a long way toward doing something.
Ya think! I thought that the legal division must have seen those.

·
Still here, sort of
17,374 Posts
oops

1 - 20 of 73 Posts