Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this is a terrific site for all rodders. As above my name is Joe i live near Slough, Berkshire, England and have a love for Bikes and all things fun. I have an orange 05 StreetRod and am trying to find a set of reasonably priced rad covers I also want to find progressive springs front and back and a set of engine bars.and tall screen with a tint, I would also like to find a larger type touring type sissy bar and pad allready have the base plate. And does any one know if forward controls are available to rit the model without needing a degree to fit.
Regards and Ride Safe.
Joe.

·
Big Dawg
705 Posts
Welcome. Check the classsified section for members selling parts, and there ebay as well. Alot of members order parts from Chicago and Zanottis HD. But Im not sure how much shipping to the other side of the pond will be. You will have to change the lower front frame rails and use A or B model radiator shrouds for forward controls, a rather pricey mod. If you just want a place to put your feet on long rides you acn put folding hiway pegs on the engine gaurds. Hope this helps. And again welcome to the forum.

·
Greg
604 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I have a question, just out of curiosity. You indicate you have an '05 Street Rod. In the States the VRSCR was first released as a 2006 Model Year bike (even though mine has a build date of Jan. 2005). Did they actually sell Street Rods in the U.K. as 2005 models? Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jechols8 & wi.st.rod
Thanks for the replies I did not think of changing the frame rails but what a great idea. I find that with my long legs i am sitting on the ridge of the two seats and its very uncomfortably. As for the 2005 model well it is a 2005 registered here perhaps the boys wanted to test the uk market but as you say when i quote 2005 all the dealers say the same they didn't release that model till 2006 so Harley America will have to enlighten us on that one.
regards for the help and hope to talk to you again soon.
ride safe
joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts