Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I bought a VRSCR (model 2006), but I didn't get the owner manual.

Can anybody send me a copy electronicaly?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike! You need to introduce yourself a little better; where you're from, what you do, etc...

If you mean the owner's manual that comes with the bike, it is next to worthless. If anyone bothered to scan it in, they would have the moco's legal department camped at their door by morning.

I HIGHLY recommend getting the "Service Manual". It's about $60, but I got mine off eBay for $25. It is the same manual the techs in the back of the shop are working from.

This forum's search button can be your new best friend as well. Lot's of great info passes through here daily!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About me

Hi,

so I live in Hungary (this is a small country in the middle of Europe). The VRSCR is my 2nd Harley, before this I had a XL883R (with 1200 upgrade). I had a BMW R1150R, and some japanise modell like Suzuki RF900, GSX750 etc.
I ride about 12000km per year, I usually visit the Harley's event in Europe.

So why I need the manual is to set my security system, because it set up to sharpen automaticly.

So if you can help me, how can I set up my ss to sharpen manually I'll be very happy.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Dreaming of Twisties
593 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I think the International bikes have this as a permanent "option", in that it can't be changed... but maybe I'm wrong...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Speedy818 said:
Maybe I'm wrong on this, but I think the International bikes have this as a permanent "option", in that it can't be changed... but maybe I'm wrong...
correct it's a pain in the neck ,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, but how can I disarm for the winter period? (I think it is not usefull for the
battery??)

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
I would think getting a battery tender or trickle charger and leaving it plugged in would be the way to go. I ride all year round, so maybe someone up north can chime in?

·
Free At Last
212 Posts
I can help you, they did have more than one system. What is the bike's VIN (the factory ID number on the frame) so I can provide the correct info? A picture would be fine.

·
Greg
604 Posts
gtrman66 said:
I would think getting a battery tender or trickle charger and leaving it plugged in would be the way to go. I ride all year round, so maybe someone up north can chime in?
I ride as long as I can, but once the snow flies here in Wisconsin (and the streets are covered with salt) I put the bike away until spring. Last year I rode until mid-December and then put the bike up until March. During the non-riding months I hook it up to a battery tender -- I've never had any problems come spring.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hmico said:
Hi,

so I live in Hungary (this is a small country in the middle of Europe). The VRSCR is my 2nd Harley, before this I had a XL883R (with 1200 upgrade). I had a BMW R1150R, and some japanise modell like Suzuki RF900, GSX750 etc.
I ride about 12000km per year, I usually visit the Harley's event in Europe.

So why I need the manual is to set my security system, because it set up to sharpen automaticly.

So if you can help me, how can I set up my ss to sharpen manually I'll be very happy.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

finally some neighbor.

Jefff from Prague

·
Registered
3 Posts
grtmann66,

I just purchased a 2006 Street Rod, I have the Vance and Hines 2 into 1, SERT and K&H open box. I noticed that you mentioned getting a battery tender or trickle charger. Why and what kind would you recommend?

BTW - new to the forum and this is my first HD. I rode BSA's and Triumphs on the street and Honda 250cc in the dirt for many years.

Thanks for the help!

Patrick

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
FYI, Black and Decker makes a little charger that works just like a Battery Tender.

My BT crapped out a couple of years ago and I bought the B/D at Wal-Mart for a whopping $17. I plan to get another (assuming they still have them) real soon so I don't have to swap so much between bikes this winter. Looks like this:

Attachments

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Strokerswild said:
FYI, Black and Decker makes a little charger that works just like a Battery Tender.

My BT crapped out a couple of years ago and I bought the B/D at Wal-Mart for a whopping $17. I plan to get another (assuming they still have them) real soon so I don't have to swap so much between bikes this winter. Looks like this:
:them:
Wal Mart $17

1 - 13 of 13 Posts