Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a longer front brake line setup for a street rod. Getting ready to change the handle bars.

If you don't have anything, but know a good vendor - please let me know

thanks Kevin

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
skipmccall said:
Kevin,
Have you found the longer brake lines yet? If you have, what are you going to do with the old ones?
Skip
I have a stock R front brake line and it won't fit the A's with Brembo's :deal::)

·
Banned
787 Posts
Why? Is it the way it mounts under the triple tree or because it is shorter than an A model with stock handlebars? If it's just the length, I am running dragbars, so I could use some shorter lines for the brakes, from the triple tree to the handlebar master cylinder.

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
What kind of bars are you going for??

Not trying to hijack this thread; but ... I still have a pristine set of Cyclesmiths V-rod 1 1/4" handlebars for sale. I even used the stock cables and brake lines on the conversion when I had them on the VRSCA. The new owner wanted the stock bars back on the bike since she has short arms. Check out the Classified, For Sale section if interested.

Good luck on your conversion.... give the stock lines and cables a try, though.

redrzazor

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
The front brake line comes off the Brembos at a different angle compared to the stock calipers. The stock R front brake line is too short from the triple trees to the brake master cylinder, it won't work on the A's with Brembo's. :deal:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts