Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I still have problems with my vrscr. When I stop at traffic lights etc the bike stalls, starts right up then stalls again when coming to a stop.
I have cleaned the iac.
I have changed the vss.
I have flashed a new map with screaming eagle super tune, I felt this made the bike smoother and more responsive.
I put a new battery on.
I have now gone back to the original map.
My indicators don't cancel and my speedo has stopped working.
My main issue is the stalling.......
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Today i spent most of the day

I have disconnected the grounds, cleaned, copper greased and retightened.
Removed, tested and cleaned the battery.
Re-cleaned iac.
Disconnected ecm, checked cables refitted.
Disconnected all electrical connections, checked and refitted.
Checked voltage regulator.
Disconnected the speedo.... Reapplied.
Put it all back together.
Warmed the bike up. Then cleared codes.
Took bike for test ride and it stalled 90% at junctions etc. Rechecked codes and I've got u1255.
The vss has been changed with a genuine HD part.
I'm still frustrated by the stalling.

Anything else i can try Thank you in advance

NickJ

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Hi, I still have problems with my vrscr. When I stop at traffic lights etc the bike stalls, starts right up then stalls again when coming to a stop.
I have cleaned the iac.
I have changed the vss.
I have flashed a new map with screaming eagle super tune, I felt this made the bike smoother and more responsive.
I put a new battery on.
I have now gone back to the original map.
My indicators don't cancel and my speedo has stopped working.
My main issue is the stalling.......
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Today i spent most of the day

I have disconnected the grounds, cleaned, copper greased and retightened.
Removed, tested and cleaned the battery.
Re-cleaned iac.
Disconnected ecm, checked cables refitted.
Disconnected all electrical connections, checked and refitted.
Checked voltage regulator.
Disconnected the speedo.... Reapplied.
Put it all back together.
Warmed the bike up. Then cleared codes.
Took bike for test ride and it stalled 90% at junctions etc. Rechecked codes and I've got u1255.
The vss has been changed with a genuine HD part.
I'm still frustrated by the stalling.

Anything else i can try Thank you in advance

NickJ
U1255 is likely the cluster not working. TSM is the signal device for cancelling as you know as well as tip over engine off. Has the module been moved recently and do you feel the stalling is related to brake deceleration only? Otherwise, it doesn't stall , no matter what you do with it? Has the TPS voltage been altered by playing with the tb linkages?
Ron

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike has on occasion stalled going down the gears but only if i keep the clutch in for longer. It stalls only when the clutch is pulled in when the engine is slowing. It pulls hard all the way up through the gears. It will idle all day long. It just stalls and is driving me mad. I only discovered where the TSM was yesterday and it hasn't been moved. I did disconnect and inspect it and firmly reconnected it. I haven't played with the tb linkages, or tested the voltage there. Looking through the forums there isn't any adjustment??!! or am i reading this wrong?

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Have you checked to make sure the IAC is working properly? I read that you cleaned it but is it working?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
The bike has on occasion stalled going down the gears but only if i keep the clutch in for longer. It stalls only when the clutch is pulled in when the engine is slowing. It pulls hard all the way up through the gears. It will idle all day long. It just stalls and is driving me mad. I only discovered where the TSM was yesterday and it hasn't been moved. I did disconnect and inspect it and firmly reconnected it. I haven't played with the tb linkages, or tested the voltage there. Looking through the forums there isn't any adjustment??!! or am i reading this wrong?
There is tps volts adjustment but in this case since you haven't played with it, leave it be. Damn this sure does act like an issue between the VSS and the IAC. For the effect to be correct in operation, the VSS holds the iac points higher to keep the idle rpm up a tad when rolling to a stop, then it drops to the normal 1250 rpm ish. Other wise the ECM will see a higher rpm per TPS % and try and close the IAC and the result is the engine will quit. It sets in motion for stall with a normal engine braking decel. A restart, it's back to nomal for idle. This is hard to notice unless it's data logged. I don't think there's any connection to the clutch switch that can cause this effect of stalling. Do you have a way to either log or do a voltage check on your MAP sensor? This can effect decel fueling but you say it runs great otherwise? I'm running out of ideas.
Ron

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think I replied to your post on FB. Did you check the continuity and for shorting of the cables from the VSS to the ECM as I said? I mean check with a multimeter not just look at them because as Ron says everything points to VSS/IAT. Even more so when you say speedo stopped working after you changed VSS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Idle is between 1350 and 1450....................I haven't checked the continuity from vss to ecm yet, but will look at checking this tomorrow. How do i know which pin is which number? When i inspected it the other day i didn't see any marks or numbering.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Hi Idle is between 1350 and 1450....................I haven't checked the continuity from vss to ecm yet, but will look at checking this tomorrow. How do i know which pin is which number? When i inspected it the other day i didn't see any marks or numbering.
I take it you cold start idle is 1350-1450? Thats about right. VSS signal wire is pin 33 in the ECM. The other two are power and ground.
Ron

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If you open the back of the plug you should see the pin numbers. You will also be able to see the wire colours.
ECM Plug.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts