Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am spanking new to this v rod world. I just picked up a 2006 VRSCR that was dropped. I am having one heck of a time finding stock bars. Can someone please help me out either with take offs or where to get new ones? I am trying to put this bike back together to ride on a tight budget.

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
Unless you're young and like riding around bent over on the bars all the time I wouldn't recommend stock R bars. I replaced mine with black '07 R bars and front brake hose which are a bit higher and really liked it, then got older and replaced them with black late model DX bars which are higher yet. Did not use the DX riser I used the stock R bar clamps, DX bar bend clears R clamshell - the clutch flex hose is long enough but you'll need a DX front brake hose P/N 41800134 for those DX bars to rotate aft, and a little wire rerouting but it all works very well, much more comfortable and still low enough for that racer R look. Used parts are out there as well but new bars are best, not bent. New bars & a brake hose are not cheap like $ 260 so check the salvage yards - you might luck out - also any 1" bars with a similar bend like sportster bars may fit with no need for a front brake hose - just ask a few dealers what they might have as take-offs (y):cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you're young and like riding around bent over on the bars all the time I wouldn't recommend stock R bars. I replaced mine with black '07 R bars and front brake hose which are a bit higher and really liked it, then got older and replaced them with black late model DX bars which are higher yet. Did not use the DX riser I used the stock R bar clamps, DX bar bend clears R clamshell - the clutch flex hose is long enough but you'll need a DX front brake hose P/N 41800134 for those DX bars to rotate aft, and a little wire rerouting but it all works very well, much more comfortable and still low enough for that racer R look. Used parts are out there as well but new bars are best, not bent. New bars & a brake hose are not cheap like $ 260 so check the salvage yards - you might luck out - also any 1" bars with a similar bend like sportster bars may fit with no need for a front brake hose - just ask a few dealers what they might have as take-offs (y):cool:
The P/N you sent, is that the stock harley part number?

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
I really like the DX bars they're very light, taller and more swept back than stock '06 or '07 R bars - also the sweepback gives more leverage over the front end, puts rider body weight farther aft and makes the bike easier to turn. I can even see the color of my airbox cover, not just the front fender :) Only small downside is stock R H-D sport windshield is a bit short for sitting more upright - not really a big factor, and if you don't use a W/S not a factor at all - (y):cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts