Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Streetboy
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any information regarding the minimum thickness of the discs. They are fixed on the VRSCR, so any runout will cause a vibration / uneven stop / feedback on the brake handle - all of which I am experiencing. I need to know whether I have enough material to have them skimmed or whether they have reached their sell-by date and require replacement. Could someone please tell me what the minimum thickness is? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Actually they are not fixed, they are classed as semi-floaters. They are held in place by the bolt and the clamping is done by a special washer that allows minimal movement. The minimum disc thickness is stamped on the side of the brake discs.

·
Asatruar
2,945 Posts

·
Streetboy
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually they are not fixed, they are classed as semi-floaters. They are held in place by the bolt and the clamping is done by a special washer that allows minimal movement. The minimum disc thickness is stamped on the side of the brake discs.
Thanks for the info. I just bought the Clymer Manual for the V-rod, received it 2 days ago with all the C-19 lockdown going on and deliveries delayed. My disks don't move a bit. I'll investigate - maybe they were replaced by the previous owner and something went amiss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts