Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Thanks for all the information that I've gotten from here, I have another question that hopefully one of our members can answer.

I called the dealership to inquire about the weight of the fork oil in the R. They put me on hold for like 20 minutes while 'looking up' the informantion. They finally got back to me and said all they had was a part number but it didn't list the weight of the oil. I know the Screamin Eagle Fork Oil is a heavier weight oil and that I need to replace the seals and dampener bolt when changing the oil, but I can't for the life of me get a clear answer on what the actual weight of the oil is. SO, if anyone has this info, What is the weight of the stock fork oil for the StreetRod, and what is the weight of the SE Oil? Any help would be greately appreciated. Thanks!

-Bill

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have a VRSC-A. The 2003 Service Manual indicates the Part # for the fork oil but does NOT tell the weight of the oil.

In addition, I am looking at a 1 Pint bottle of HD "Screamin Eagle Performance Fork Oil - Heavy" and NOWHERE on the bottle or the label does it indicate the weight of the oil.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm.. interesting...
anyone else?

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump...

still no answer? local shop said that they have 3 weights of fork oil in their store 5, 10, and 15 weight. Read in another thread that someone changed out their fork springs and the company sent them 20 weight oil... why's eveything got to be so complex?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Xoygeha
I don't use HD oil but when I did I always looked at their products like this:
stock=10wt,SE Heavy=15wt, and they used to have another called SE racing fork oil or something like that and it was like 20wt. The SE heavy is considered the one to get around here. There is no standard for fork oil wts. Some of my mates like Amsoil 15wt.
Regards ****

1 - 5 of 5 Posts