Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently put two small dents in my air box/tank from putting my wind shield too far down so when I made a sharp turn it dug into my air box cover. I’m wondering if there are any for sale or if anyone knows of anywhere I can get a customized one for my yellow 2006 VRSCR Street Rod.
Thank you!

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Get two " bullet shot " decals and cover those two spots up - the dents will even make the bullet holes look more realistic, until you get your new air box cover kdlambert35 (y) :D

·
EXCELSIOR
8,445 Posts
Have it repaired. They may not be able to do the two tone but should be able to match the yellow pretty well. Last time I bought a new replacement from HD it was almost $700
You can buy a new used set of complete body work for less. Keep shopping or pull it off and have a good body shop handle it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have it repaired. They may not be able to do the two tone but should be able to match the yellow pretty well. Last time I bought a new replacement from HD it was almost $700
You can buy a new used set of complete body work for less. Keep shopping or pull it off and have a good body shop handle it.
Might end up going that route! Thanks for the suggestion

·
"Vrod King"
892 Posts
Time for a custom paint job. :unsure:

Reactions: Kdlambert35

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
Bullet hole decals in the meantime - just do it - big fun (y) I bought a tin set from a member here, airbox cover and rear fender, got the front fender from e bay, I still need the radiator side covers ( but might go with Carbon Fiber ones ) anyway all will be painted CVO Cobalt blue with Black accents. Can't wait, should look great. Love doing this stuff to a relatively low cost H-D Street Rod, more fun than buying 3 new H-D's in a row - ( and a hell of a lot less expensive ) !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts