Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Vrscf radiator grill inserts available anywhere?

2163 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  2009 vrscf
Love the look of the stainless screen inserts on the radiator cover but cannot find it for sale anywhere. Anyone?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?--->LINK
'
Sorry about that. Not available for the Muscle.
Is this what you are looking for?--->LINK
'
Sorry about that. Not available for the Muscle.
No worries! Cannot find them anywhere. There is a set on eBay that showed for muscle but I contacted the seller and he confirmed they will not fit either.
I made some home made Radiator Grills for my Muscle, they had small openings, which I felt didn't let enough air through. I checked out GR customs for their Grills, but at the time they ran out, I saw a guy selling Grills for the Vrod including painted flames on E/bay and as usual fit all Vrods except the Muscle.
They had large openings and cheap around $30 plus postage, I figured I'd buy them and adapt them onto the ones I already fitted, as it turns out I made them fit by themselves with no issues with over heating
Attached Thumbnails
Grill inserts

Bought these,and adapted to suit Muscle.

Attachments

See less See more
I made some home made Radiator Grills for my Muscle, they had small openings, which I felt didn't let enough air through. I checked out GR customs for their Grills, but at the time they ran out, I saw a guy selling Grills for the Vrod including painted flames on E/bay and as usual fit all Vrods except the Muscle.
They had large openings and cheap around $30 plus postage, I figured I'd buy them and adapt them onto the ones I already fitted, as it turns out I made them fit by themselves with no issues with over heating
Attached Thumbnails
Would this happen to be be the seller you bought yours from? Any info on how you had to modify yours to get them to install? Thanks in advance !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/02-18-harl...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
To be honest I bought my Radiator Grills a few years ago, but looking at the ones you put up, it really wouldn't matter there cheap and would fit your Muscle, I just pulled apart the frame from the radiator ( drill out Rivets) as same as the pictures, it doesn't have to be perfect.
http://www.2040-parts.com/-lil-emer...son-v-rod-muscle-radiator-grille-set-i225331/

Try google and search "lil emery" who used to make the grilles. I have had them since 2012, they were not cheap but fit perfect and still look great
http://www.2040-parts.com/-lil-emer...son-v-rod-muscle-radiator-grille-set-i225331/

Try google and search "lil emery" who used to make the grilles. I have had them since 2012, they were not cheap but fit perfect and still look great
Their website is down but found the email address. Emailed a few days ago but no resonse yet.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.