Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One week with my 2010 VRSCF! Great bike - fast. The wife is complaining about the passenger seat though, does anyone have any suggestions on a better padded seat?

Also, I would like to find detachable saddlebags (available for other models) but cannot seem to find any.

Here are some first impressions that I'd love to get thoughts on...

- Bike handles very well. Don't expect CBR turning and you are OK.
- Engine likes to rev. Never been on a HD like this before!
- Needs a 6th gear. Overdrive for the highway?
- Minimal accessories for the Muscle. Too new?
- Ordered backrest and luggage rack - all back ordered. Yuck.
- Gas mileage is so-so. Remaining miles calculator flawed.
- Damn this thing looks great!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome, to both of you!

A lot of forum members wish for a 6th gear. The motor does just fine cruising at [email protected] This motor speed will not hurt a thing, and there is still plenty of power to spare.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Congrats!!! Havn't seen much on aftermarket seats for the VRSCF. The backrest will keep her on though and let her get more comfortable. There are some threads on people who have made their own detachable bag brackets but havn't seen anything available commercially.

Safe riding!!!

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
yeah IndianFan101, the F drinks up gasoline unlike any bike i have had.

a 6th gear would be good but you would have to be exceeding the speed limit to cruise on it. then again, its kinda like that now with the 6 speed airheads.

·
Registered
117 Posts
my girlfriend complains about the heat near her feet also...i was told that the motor wont run as hot after it breaks in and u change the fluids...is this true?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hadn't thought about "just saying no". Might get me in hot water somewhere else.

I did see that HD has the seat circulator pads. That seems like a reasonable option to go along with the backrest.

Thanks!

·
Dances with Rain!
3,713 Posts
One week with my 2010 VRSCF! Great bike - fast. The wife is complaining about the passenger seat though, does anyone have any suggestions on a better padded seat?

Also, I would like to find detachable saddlebags (available for other models) but cannot seem to find any.

Here are some first impressions that I'd love to get thoughts on...

- Bike handles very well. Don't expect CBR turning and you are OK.
That is a no brainer, it's a Harley not a Cafe bike made to run like it is on rails.

- Engine likes to rev. Never been on a HD like this before!
It is a liquid cooled HD enhanced by Porsche.

- Needs a 6th gear. Overdrive for the highway?
As someone already pointed out, this bike likes to run at 4-5k anyway.

- Minimal accessories for the Muscle. Too new?
There are parts out there for purchase, just have to research here or on the web. HD will probably not make a lot more parts for the bike as I believe the bike is on it's way out.

- Ordered backrest and luggage rack - all back ordered. Yuck.
Have you called V-Mod in Cedarburg, WI, they might have the stuff in stock.

- Gas mileage is so-so. Remaining miles calculator flawed.
After 70 mph, the fuel gauge goes down quick! AS for the gauge, use yr trip odometer as yr fuel gauge. HD has not gotten the R value or fuel gauge right in 9 yrs of production!

- Damn this thing looks great!

That is also a No Brainer!!
WELCOME!!

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.