Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
HD & Ducati Rider
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing the HD saddlebags made for the F. I'm wondering about how difficult it is to remove/install these. I do mostly city driving and wouldn'n need them, but also like to do a couple trips during the summer. Pictures of them removed etc would be great. Do they have ugly brackets that will be visible if the bags are removed?

Any help would be appreciated. Tried to do a search but couldn't come up with anything definite.

Thanks!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the bags and its not hard to install. It says you need to drill the rear fender but that dose not need to be done. The bracket sits just below the rear fender and only way to take the bags off is to undo two bolts and slide it out. The issue is the tire makes it hard to do I would say if you get them leave them on I ride everywhere with them and out in AZ im a bit away from the city and drive about 20 miles across the desert so having the bags is nice if sand storm or somthing comes up can just pull over and put on my gear. Its also nice if you pick somthing up then dont need to stuff it in your shirt. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts