Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Methosan
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a heads up as well as a notice. I purchased a set of extensions for my Muscle from V-Mod and once they arrived they did not work. The shift rod is at a severe angle and it hits the exhaust pipe thus disallowing the rod to reset after changing gears. I've requested a refund but V-mod promised to send me something to remedy this problem. Piece(s) were supposed to have shipped out near 6/23/10 but as of yet nothing has shown up.

What I did end up doing with my pegs was reverse them: take the right frame and the left peg and swap them around. I gained 3 inches of reach which is perfect for my 6'-3" frame, but also lost 2-3 inches in ground clearance and now drag my heel on the asphalt if it's a tight lean.

I've escalated my refund claim to my cc company and I have all e-mail correspondence saved (let me know if you wish a copy).

Thanks

·
Methosan
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Offered to send a new shift rod which was supposed to have shipped out around 6/23 so 3 weeks ago. Nothing's shown up and they haven't replied to my email on Monday (other emails received same-day responses).

I had suggested a trade for some other items or just a refund; they offered the new rod.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.