Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cabeca de Ferro
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removable and adjustable backrest with luggage rack.
Backrest is adjustable in three positions 2,5",usable with or without luggage rack or simply leave the base plate in place.
Made in cast aluminum and cast iron, injected foam and stainless steel
allen bolts.
Prices: Complete kit (backrest and luggage rack)--u$ 650,00
Backrest kit (without luggage rack)--------u$ 500,00

Place orders to [email protected]
Please,say you are 1130cc member in the e-mail.
Some units are available on 06/06/16.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Backrest is adjustable in three positions 2,5",usable with or without luggage rack or simply leave the base plate in place.
allen bolts.

I like this a lot. Would purchase one if I didn't already have the Bicep removal one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
allen bolts.

I like the look of this but do you have to drill holes in the rear fender to have just the back rest installed?

·
Registered
174 Posts
And, since it's bolted to the frame, instead of just through the plastic fender, the load capacity should be more than 2 gallons of milk!

I am forever disappointed in Harley's design for this accessory, and even more disappointed that I let the dealer drill holes through the fender to install it (bought my '12 in '11 and there was zero information available at the time).

Your design looks worlds better than theirs. :thumb:
Do you have any idea on the weight capacity of the rack?

·
Cabeca de Ferro
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And, since it's bolted to the frame, instead of just through the plastic fender, the load capacity should be more than 2 gallons of milk!

I am forever disappointed in Harley's design for this accessory, and even more disappointed that I let the dealer drill holes through the fender to install it (bought my '12 in '11 and there was zero information available at the time).

Your design looks worlds better than theirs. :thumb:
Do you have any idea on the weight capacity of the rack?

A customer of mine usually carries about 40 lbs in his luggage rack. I think a bit too much, but so far there has been no problem at all.25 to 33 lbs is safe.The luggage rack is cast aluminum

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered this on February 8th in gloss black with the luggage rack. Doing a trip to Vegas from Arizona next month and thought I’d make it a little more comfy for the girlfriend. Staff at Cabeca de ferro were awesome and answered every question I had promptly. Very pleased with customer service. Click the Ricardo email link to ask them any question. I’ll post some pics later after I get it installed and let you about fit and finish. Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
allen bolts.

. I have the back rest installed (very easy) and it looks fantastic. Well done and Ricardo made sure it was here on time for the trip. Thanks guys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have the back rest & luggage rack on my 14 DX. A fantastic product, well worth the money. Not sure if it will fit the earlier bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts