Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
That's an interesting find.

It looks very similar to the backrest that was built and sold here a looooong time ago by Bicep-- although his had "quick-release" mounts where the reflectors are near the rider's seat.

But, I can't quite figure out the mounting on this one, though. It doesn't look like quick release, and I can't quite figure out where the bar extension would mount to.

A picture of it mounted on the bike would be very helpful, but there's nothing posted in the ad that I could find.

R.

·
Registered
28 Posts
looks like it would bolt the frame under the rear fender

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are correct...it looks like this sissy bar bolts under the fender somehow. I've emailed the seller to find out how it attaches to the bike and the dimensions of the sissy bar too. It looks intriguing. Once I get an answer, I'll post it here.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,222 Posts
I think you are correct...it looks like this sissy bar bolts under the fender somehow. I've emailed the seller to find out how it attaches to the bike and the dimensions of the sissy bar too. It looks intriguing. Once I get an answer, I'll post it here.
Looking at it a lot closer, and looking at how the holes are drilled and the arc of the mount, I think you're absolutely correct.

However, I don't thin there's any way that big slug of metal (with the cheesy chrome motorcycle on it) will clear the stock saddlebags.

Too bad, really-- I could have gotten behind this if it worked with the bags.

R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.