1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
Blk95Cobra said:
What is the stock rear shock size 12.5" or 13"
Thanks
Ron
12.65" and hits the rear tail light guard under the fender stock.

Go with 13"

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
MY_VRSCDX said:
12.65" and hits the rear tail light guard under the finder stock.

Go with 13"

what is a finder?

I still have stock shocks on mine set to full soft....Im 185 and riding solo have never bottomed yet....

Im going to a 12" progressive 412 as I want to lower my bike abit more....be careful how low you go if you ride two up alot or are heavier than average person.

Dan

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just asking as I got my Works shoks on there are 13s
They look great and so far riding fine with one person.
I dont wanna lower the bike any as i alreadt scrap the peg on left side and pipe on the right side. I just recentle raised the pipe up anout 3/8 - 1/2 so ill see if it helps save the pipe some. I have a CFR pipe on it with the bracket to the up side if ya know what i mean.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Don't like speculation, but....I heard the '08s have a stock shock length of 13.5"??? If so, this differs from the '07s....haven't measured mine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where to you set it to get your measurments. you can turn the preload up and its 13" or down and its 12.25-12.5 or so what is the right way ?

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
you measure it stock...the bike sitting on its own,without anyone on it....is setting at its highest point...the DX is 12.5 eye to eye centers....

no speculation....ive done it.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
NOS-DAN said:
I still have stock shocks on mine set to full soft....Im 185 and riding solo have never bottomed yet....
I ran at this setting #1 too, but when I switched to the Metz 260 tire it needed to be stiffer. Running at #3 now, could be #2 but like it tight for canyon riding :) (I am about 185 and ride solo)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts