Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat on a 2019 FXDR and had deja vu. Looking down I thought I was on my night rod special!! I guess part of the V rod lives on.

Attachments

·
"Vrod King"
932 Posts
Right up to the point you push the "start" button and then it's like "what the hell is wrong with this?"

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
I've studied the bike. If one likes to be cleaning out the fins on that cooler behind the wheel constantly and can stomach that rear fender crap, take a hit in performance and pay more then it's worth, knock yourself out. Might suck some of the knuckle dragger boys in but not this guy.
Ron

·
Banned
5,281 Posts
Stray not from the path of righteousness my son lest thee make almighty f#$K up!...…………………....V Rod owners handbook page 69 warnings and guidance deja vu section.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd rather pick up a new 2017 V-rod for $7K or $8K less. There's still a bunch left over...
The FRDX is 21,000.I'm not seeing 2017 V rod leftovers at 13,000 new??

Don't get me wrong, I love my 2016 Night rod special, it's a keeper. I thought it was curious that the front end of the FXDR came right off the night rod special.
I've got a SGS with the 107 M8 and it's an awesome ride so I can only imagine what the 114 in a much lighter bike would be like.

·
Registered
726 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
It does have similar lines...

I’ve already chosen my black sheep of the HD product line....and damn happy...lol. As a side benefit I can go to any dealership to look at a Vrod they are trying to sell and ask questions I know they have no answer to! The fun part is listening to them make shi$ up trying to sound like they know what they are talking about....

·
My Last Ride
1,351 Posts
I sat on a 2019 FXDR and had deja vu. Looking down I thought I was on my night rod special!! I guess part of the V rod lives on.
My 2¢

The fxdr is as much of a V-Rod as Boeing 787 is a fighter jet. Harley-Davidson is counting on people to be naive enough to believe that the pile of Hog parts is a replacement for the V-Rod. Comparing that motorcycle to a V-Rod is a huge insult to the V-Rod. Sure it has two wheels and a pair of handle bars but that's where similarity ends. The faux collector on the exhaust pipe should be an indication of just how poorly that motorcycle was engineered.

Ron

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
My 2¢

The fxdr is as much of a V-Rod as Boeing 787 is a fighter jet. Harley-Davidson is counting on people to be naive enough to believe that the pile of Hog parts is a replacement for the V-Rod. Comparing that motorcycle to a V-Rod is a huge insult to the V-Rod. Sure it has two wheels and a pair of handle bars but that's where similarity ends. The faux collector on the exhaust pipe should be an indication of just how poorly that motorcycle was engineered.

Ron
:them:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Front end looks similar to the the new suspension inverted forks and all. But they put Hayes calipers on it. I am sure this bike is heavier and the took the Hayes off the Vrod line in 2006 to replace with a Brembo manufactured HD caliper. The Livewire has real Brembo's why put those on FXDR if it is as theysay has "Racing Lineage". Not sure the thought process they are using.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.