Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thanks to all the members contributions to this forum, it has saved me a ton of money and made my bike look even more badass.

Anyhow this is my ChopMod. After PM'ing gunny I figured that I did not want to attempt to vmod them myself so I went this route and I like the look. I am in the middle of getting some things powder coated so I can't get any sound clips for yall yet but I will try to get some up once the bike is all back together again.

I used some 1/4-20 x 1/2" Socket Head Cap Screws in the end caps so I would not have to look at the holes. I more or less force-threaded them in there, to make sure they would not come out I ground the threads from the inside with a dremmel. Other than that this mod cost me a twenty dollar tip at RB Customs (A local Custom Chopper shop) to get the end whacked off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
do you have any driveability issues with this shorter muffler?-eg.-any re programming necessary?-are there interior baffles that need to be shortened?-how are the end caps secured?-would love to know any hints or suggestions for an error free install-tnx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
joem198 said:
do you have any driveability issues with this shorter muffler?-eg.-any re programming necessary?-are there interior baffles that need to be shortened?-how are the end caps secured?-would love to know any hints or suggestions for an error free install-tnx
I am going to run with a programmer (most likely PCIII) since most people recommend them with any sort of mod that allows for less restriction. I used a small self tapping screw underneath each endcap, which is probably over kill because getting the caps back on takes considerable force and some time to get them even. I more or less just hit them on the floor with some old towels for extra padding until they where very tight and at the same depth.

There is nothing inside them at this point. The baffles are only connected on the end I cut off, so once they are cut the baffles will just slide out.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Nice job, I'd be interested in hearing them shortened. I'm real pleased with the sound of my VModed standard length mufflers. Most "Harley like" sound of all the systems I've used and I've had about 10 different aftermarket systems between my 04 B and my DX.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fesadownunder said:
gidday , as others previously mentioned cut pipes look good , just wondering how much length did you cut out ? thanx
I don't know a specific measurement but it was about and inch behind the 2nd connection point that connects the two mufflers together. So in other words I only have one connection point now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts