Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow members,

The time nears that I will be moving back to Germany (from Texas).

I need to change my Instrument Cluster from Mph to km/h.

Does somebody have the Canadian Cluster with km/h and either doesn't need it (due to mods) or wants to swap with my mph cluster?

I looked into buying a faceplate from different vendors, but I think the prices are way to steep.

thanks

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Fellow members,

The time nears that I will be moving back to Germany (from Texas).

I need to change my Instrument Cluster from Mph to km/h.

Does somebody have the Canadian Cluster with km/h and either doesn't need it (due to mods) or wants to swap with my mph cluster?

I looked into buying a faceplate from different vendors, but I think the prices are way to steep.

thanks
Does your MPH one not have the inner scale in KM/h?
This is legal in all european countries.
If not I have this one as a spare so will happily swap.Bear in mind that the bikes mileage is held in the cluster though so if you swap clusters your mileage will be incorrect.....

Attachments

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine only shows Mph.

I think the dual faceplate is only on the UK models.
I would like to swap with you, that would be awesome. :)

What mileage is on yours? Mine is about 9000 miles.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you are in the UK we can just wait with the shipping until I am in Germany. That's way cheaper shipping wise.

I remember one thing I read though, which might preclude this. Since yours is the Euro model bike, you have the 30 tooth sprocket, right? I have the US 28 tooth sprocket bike.
I remember reading, that you can't swap the gauges, because they are calibrated for the specific sprocket, otherwise you need it re-calibrated. ???

Anybody wanna shed some knowledge?!

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Since you are in the UK we can just wait with the shipping until I am in Germany. That's way cheaper shipping wise.

I remember one thing I read though, which might preclude this. Since yours is the Euro model bike, you have the 30 tooth sprocket, right? I have the US 28 tooth sprocket bike.
I remember reading, that you can't swap the gauges, because they are calibrated for the specific sprocket, otherwise you need it re-calibrated. ???

Anybody wanna shed some knowledge?!
Sure , a swap is no problem when you get to Germany.
I don't know about the calibration problem though - you're right all euro models will have the 30 tooth sprocket , so I guess we'll have to wait for someone who knows about these things. Lots of the US guys seem to swap sprockets though without any mention of the speedo being off.....

Steve

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
I've just thought of a cunning plan :)
If faceplates are easy to remove lets just swap those , then there's no issues with mileage or ECU compatibility....

Steve

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just thought of a cunning plan :)
If faceplates are easy to remove lets just swap those , then there's no issues with mileage or ECU compatibility....

Steve
true statement.:notworth:

I have swapped one before, on my other bike. It's not that difficult, but you really have to watch out, as not to break the needles.
That was on an VRSCA model. The DX shouldn't be any different.

I am still driving it here in the states until I move back home (December), so I can't just take it out right now. But once in Germany, I will get on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need to change my mph cluster instruments for Km/h to a night rod special

Hello guys!

I´m new here! I´m from Portugal and i have a big problem in my hands... I bought a night rod special the american model and the cluster instruments comes in mph but i need that in Km/h anyone has a very cheap one to sell or to change with mine? the milles i have now is 10300 milles. I hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Duarte Alpoim

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Hello guys!

I´m new here! I´m from Portugal and i have a big problem in my hands... I bought a night rod special the american model and the cluster instruments comes in mph but i need that in Km/h anyone has a very cheap one to sell or to change with mine? the milles i have now is 10300 milles. I hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Duarte Alpoim
Send a PM to Dutchrod , he is the speedo Master :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts