Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my instrument cluster on my 07 vrscdx cuts in and out intermittently. Seems to happen when I’m riding on bumpy roads which happens a lot here in Houston tx. I’m going to check the wires on the back of the cluster and the fuses when I get home but was wondering if anyone else had this problem as well?

speedometer and rpm gauge still work while the light is off and I can use my signals and my bright shows up on the cluster. The only thing that turns off is the back lights, odometer, and the cel/key symbol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually noticed this problem on my 07 DX a couple of months ago when I was riding after sunset. Who knows if or how long it had been going on for before that since most of my summer time riding is only during daylight hours. That being said, I checked the typical items (ground straps on engine, etc.) and found nothing amiss.

I think it's worth mentioning that shortly after swapping all of my lights to LED I was getting a voltage too high error code and was expecting to have to replace the voltage regulator but after installing a load equilizer to stop the fast flashing I've not had a reappearance of the gauge cluster flashing or the high voltage error code. I did quite a bit of riding after dark up until the weather turned recently and never saw either issue again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, funny enough I just had an issue happen about a week ago that I'm wondering might have been related to this one as well. I went out to fire the bike up and threw the switch to ignition, all lights came on as usual, but when I hit the starter button everything went black and I had barely any power at all. My led wraparound turn signals were barely flickering and my headlight wouldn't even turn on at all. I tested voltage between the positive post and the frame and was only getting 2.7 volts (battery was fine). I started chasing down connections and ended up cleaning the ground connections on both cam covers and the main negative connection to the front cylinder. I put dielectric grease on them as well and now everything seems to be working fine. I have to say though, those connections were REALLY dirty and corroded. I'd start there and see what they look like. My gauge cluster was flickering like crazy when all of this was going on. I've yet to check the ground on the lower rear of the engine but my issue seems to have stopped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts