Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to start my 2012 Night Rod Special when I noticed a slightly different noise when pressing the fuel injection button. I immediately observed and filmed the leak that occurred. Apparently, this leak occurs only when the injection button is pressed. Because there was no leak on the floor when I arrived. When I turned off the bike, I noticed that there was no leak either. What do you think it can be? See below link to the 9 seconds video.

Fuel Leakage Video

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Analyzing the video above I notice that the leak comes from the rear to the left. From the design of the injection system (attached), it makes me think that the problem may be in one of the two fuel tubes. Either tube problem or defect in the o-ring. I would bet in some of those o-rings...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Analyzing the video above I notice that the leak comes from the rear to the left. From the design of the injection system (attached), it makes me think that the problem may be in one of the two fuel tubes. Either tube problem or defect in the o-ring. I would bet in some of those o-rings...
Pull the bottom breather box to get a better view. That much fuel is definitely the fuel line or o-ring or the line detached at the fitting.
Ron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pull the bottom breather box to get a better view. That much fuel is definitely the fuel line or o-ring or the line detached at the fitting.
Ron

Problem solved. The screw that holds the fuel line was loose. Another one was missing. What caused this is the question that remains. The bike has its maintenance up to date at each 5,000 miles. But my 2012 VRSCDX has 105,000 km (about 66,000 miles). And, for sure, this is not checked in a usual dealer maintenance.
Pedro

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Problem solved. The screw that holds the fuel line was loose. Another one was missing. What caused this is the question that remains. The bike has its maintenance up to date at each 5,000 miles. But my 2012 VRSCDX has 105,000 km (about 66,000 miles). And, for sure, this is not checked in a usual dealer maintenance.
Pedro
Probably never tight from the factory. I guess I will check mine now and see.
Ron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts