Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I know a guy who has a screamin eagle fat boy (103") claims he can whoppmy '07 vrscdx .I'm running a Rinehart 2-1, pc 3 , K&N topless. I don't want to lose the race so I'm asking for your help on this before I race. Beat 'em or should I not even try....
Thanks Nate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lol... I have been on several se's including my friends 110 and my old 1800 intruder would hold with him and start to pull away when he shifted. You should have no problems.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
The very first time that I took my bike to the track... on the very first run... I ran my best time all night. It was an embarrassing 11.97, but it was the best I could muster.

A guy on a 2011 Fat Boy, bored and stroked, handed me my a$$. I think that he ran a 11.3.

I was amazed.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
It's all about how you ride. I have a friend who rides an 09 Night Train and he keeps up with me pretty good, but then again we never really raced, just stupid shit like ripping it randomly from a stop light or down a stretch of road suddenly.

I think if you are focused and ride good, you should have no problems though. This bike is a beast once the RPM's go up, I'm always amazed when I redline in 3rd lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are exceptions, I just don't think a stock SE is a threat to anyone. My best friend picked up a road glide that will eat most stock bikes..

The first run is stage 1 with 7psi of boost

Then if you are feeling brave or stupid (Jury is out) hit the horn and stage 2 kicks 15psi and just over 180hp

He also has a SNOW methanol injection system...

Attachments

·
Registered
943 Posts
There are exceptions, I just don't think a stock SE is a threat to anyone. My best friend picked up a road glide that will eat most stock bikes..

The first run is stage 1 with 7psi of boost

Then if you are feeling brave or stupid (Jury is out) hit the horn and stage 2 kicks 15psi and just over 180hp

He also has a SNOW methanol injection system...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zYvy2gllk&feature=youtube_gdata
Nice ride I also believe that you whould win!Unless he has extreme motor work!I stomped a few 110's so I don't see you losing:blahblah:

·
Registered
68 Posts
All depends on the rider. Don't race him if you suck. If you know how to get down the track have some fun. It would be nice to take a couple of passes before hand and see what you can do.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
It takes a whole lot of motor work to get those big bastards into the HP your V comes with stock. Every guy that spends $5k on his Evo thinks it'll automatically kill everything he comes across. Most have no idea what your Revo is about and 2nd: Your V-Rod is built to launch and run that fockin line straight away like no other factory bike - ever. That's worth a few tenths itself. These big bore monsters are engineered for garage to bar to garage. Not built at all for the 1/4 mile like the V.
If you can ride as well as him or better you should hand him his azz. If you screw up, you might be in trouble, simple as that.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You should beat him but practice launching first, that will be his advantage with the bib bore twin. Other than that have fun and be safe...who cares who wins:cheers:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
your really worried !!!...........:rofl2::rofl2:
:them:

If your going to race at the track it's all about getting the launch right. If you race him on the road from a roll it's about being in the right gear.....You should not have any problem....Now go :spank: him....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts