Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the VRSCA-B windshield mounts fit the VRSCD? If I modify an original windshield to fit the nightrod(to gain size or cover) would that work?
Thx D.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
You would have to modify and cut for the front fairing at least. FWIW

BTW Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I agree, you would need to cut the front fairing, or remove the fair and light and put a B style light on. That is what I did. Check out the pic.

·
2 wheels 4 life
49 Posts
See if your dealer will let you purchase JUST the mounting hardware for the "D" model windshield.....and then got to www.rifle.com and buy whatever size and tint windshield you want. I have the tallest they offer and it works great!

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
gpracer said:
See if your dealer will let you purchase JUST the mounting hardware for the "D" model windshield.....and then got to www.rifle.com and buy whatever size and tint windshield you want. I have the tallest they offer and it works great!
How tall are you? Do you see over the top of the sheild or thru it? I want to get one but I'm thinking the tallest one might be too much

·
2 wheels 4 life
49 Posts
I am really tall at 5'5" :stooge: With the tallest shield I can see just over the top of it. But what is nice is that if it is raining I don't have to duck much to get protection from the elements! You could maybe get the one step down and still be ok, but with this height I have not encountered any helmet buffeting which is the worst thing, especially at high speeds. That's why I chose the tallest one. I also got the light grey tint as well.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
Thanks, I ordered the tallest one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts