Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed quite a few people on here looking for a windshield for the Night Rod.

I just purchased one on ebay for $250 shipped....best deal I could find. I haven't received it yet, so I'll let you know when I do if folks are interested.

The ebay seller is "teamh-d" and he has a 57870-07 listed which is for the 07, but I emailed him and he does have the 57861-06 windshield.

Here's the auction for the 07:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320267534725

Ebay is offering a 10% discount until July 29, which brought the price down to $250 shipped.

Hope this helps folks.

Joe C.

·
Highway Fightr Pilot
42 Posts
I have been interested in the windshield for quite a while, but can't bring myself to spend that much money on something I haven't seen in person. I guess I'll just have to keep waiting and hope to find a sreaming deal on one from someone who decides they didn't like it.:broke:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jury is out...

I just picked up my Night Rod last week and haven't had much of a chance to really ride it until today. I only put about 35 miles on the bike but I did get it up 55 and 60 MPH on a couple of back roads around here in CT. I didn't want to push it since it's still in break in with only 645 miles now. I haven't read through the owner's manual for RPM limits through break-in etc.

Anyway... Once I got over 50 MPH the wind really started buffeting my helmet around. The factory installed windscreen that the original owner installed seemed to keep the air off of my chest, but I'm not thrilled about the helmet buffeting. It wasn't horrible, but riding a couple of hours or more with that movement might be pretty tiring.

I'd look into more comments on the windshield before buying one. I can see at this point that I might give it a shot with the windshield removed to see what that feels like.

·
Highway Fightr Pilot
42 Posts
That's interesting. How tall are you? I'm quite short (5'5" on a good day) so it may deflect it over my head enough, but I'm still not willing to spend almost $300 on it to find out it doesn't keep the wind off. Keep me informed as you log more miles, and if you decide you don't like it, let me know what you would sell your's for.

Greg

·
Registered
31 Posts
windshield

Just installed the rifle 13 inch replacement for the HD mid sport that is sold for the D, works like a charm, I am 5'9 and wear an open face helmet with goggles and at 60-70 the wind hits on top of the helmet, this windshield is 2" taller than the HD windshield and bolts on to the stock windshield kit.. they also make a 15" and a 17" for you taller guys

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ducking down...

That's interesting. How tall are you? I'm quite short (5'5" on a good day) so it may deflect it over my head enough, but I'm still not willing to spend almost $300 on it to find out it doesn't keep the wind off. Keep me informed as you log more miles, and if you decide you don't like it, let me know what you would sell your's for.

Greg
I'm 5'8". I wouldn't consider my first real experience a deal breaker but it did raise a red flag or two. I found that just ducking down a couple of inches did dramatically improve the windshield performance. I might have to consider one that is 2" taller.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just picked up my Night Rod last week and haven't had much of a chance to really ride it until today. I only put about 35 miles on the bike but I did get it up 55 and 60 MPH on a couple of back roads around here in CT. I didn't want to push it since it's still in break in with only 645 miles now. I haven't read through the owner's manual for RPM limits through break-in etc.

Anyway... Once I got over 50 MPH the wind really started buffeting my helmet around. The factory installed windscreen that the original owner installed seemed to keep the air off of my chest, but I'm not thrilled about the helmet buffeting. It wasn't horrible, but riding a couple of hours or more with that movement might be pretty tiring.

I'd look into more comments on the windshield before buying one. I can see at this point that I might give it a shot with the windshield removed to see what that feels like.

Had the same problem with the helmet thing, so I went out and bought a full faced helmet to ride around when I'm doing more than 60 and works like a charm!! I was doing 85 and didnt even realize it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Just installed the rifle 13 inch replacement for the HD mid sport that is sold for the D, works like a charm, I am 5'9 and wear an open face helmet with goggles and at 60-70 the wind hits on top of the helmet, this windshield is 2" taller than the HD windshield and bolts on to the stock windshield kit.. they also make a 15" and a 17" for you taller guys
Does Rifle also sell the mounting hardware or do I have to try to find the hardware on the Harley site?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I just Picked one up for $65 (E-Bay) it was all packaged as new but the screw threads were stripped out of one of the Brackets. No big deal I will just tap to next size and put new bolts in . I have it with longer ones now and nuts on the back .

I do agree there just seems to be not so many good deals out there for the Ds . Just got a set of 883 iron bars so hopefully they will be in when I redo the bracket for the shield.

Sadly it's been to cold and to windy to go for a ride yet but hope to get out soon on it.

joe C where about in B-more are you. LOL just noticed this is an Old thread reopened

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 06 night rod, could one of you fine members who has a windshield on a night ride please post a pic of what the bike looks like with one installed. Been thinking of putting a wind shield on my bike, but would like to see what it would look like before I decide what one I want to buy, thanks all

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 06 night rod, could one of you fine members who has a windshield on a night ride please post a pic of what the bike looks like with one installed. Been thinking of putting a wind shield on my bike, but would like to see what it would look like before I decide what one I want to buy, thanks all
I just took my stock screen off, but this is a bad pic from the rear. My new one gets here Monday. I will take a few stock vs new pics and post them here after it comes.

2019-02-23 13.14.32.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts