Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking on the web at V-Rod test and I have seen 2 or more articles that say the VRSCD is 120hp I think even on the HD site it said that.IS this true? Hope it is. I thought the bike ran really well.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
120 at the crank. I've heard 108-111 at the rear wheel, stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEY Im pleased at whatever horsepower it is. 120 is cooooooool.110 at rear wheel not bad. thanks

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
It's get ya down to the corner for a pack of smokes, and come back through the smoke.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
xb12s said:
mine was 114 and 85 at wheel w/ topless, STv5,240, and PC3usb...
I'm not an expert on the V-rod yet, but either everyone else on the forum is padding their numbers or you have something that isn't quite right.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
xb12s said:
mine was 114 and 85 at wheel w/ topless, STv5,240, and PC3usb...
those are pretty damn good numbers.......i'm getting 112 hp and 79 tq with a cfr and pc111 on my DX....103.7 hp with jug huggers and pc111 on my chrome V.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
DesertSpeed said:
I'm not an expert on the V-rod yet, but either everyone else on the forum is padding their numbers or you have something that isn't quite right.

Not sure what is wrong with 114 hp and 85 torque. Every dyno is a little different.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Every dyno and every operator is different, so are the fuels weather etc.

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Gdub said:
Not sure what is wrong with 114 hp and 85 torque. Every dyno is a little different.
Looked like you were saying 114 at the crank and 85 at the wheel. You'd have to use a rubberband for a belt.

·
Think Warm & Sunny
156 Posts
120 HP via HD Literature

Don't know about you but the 120HP was a huge selling point used by the dealership when I decided to buy my bike. At no point did anyone say "By the way...that's not 120 at the rear wheel" Get Real!

In reality, I'm sure the other Harleys on the floor are listed the same way. In practice, does anyone actually believe other manufacturers quote HP at the wheel? Of course not!

The 06 Night Rod, mine and every other one built, is published at 120HP. Why the controversy anyway? Revel in owning a 120HP V-Rod.

As for the Night Rod's cowl/faring, I'll keep mine as it helps destinguish it as HD's 120HP V-Rod.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
WEATHERMAN said:
In practice, does anyone actually believe other manufacturers quote HP at the wheel? Of course not!
Everyone does this. The '06 Corvette Z06 is marketed at 505 HP when, in reality, it's ~480. It's common practice.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
DesertSpeed said:
Looked like you were saying 114 at the crank and 85 at the wheel. You'd have to use a rubberband for a belt.

Not me that said it, but I can see how it could be misunderstood.

·
RIDER4LIFE
47 Posts
90..100...110..120 it's all fast enough to get tickets for 2-3 times legal speed limit. dont stress and ride what you have and enjoy it !

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
WEATHERMAN said:
Don't know about you but the 120HP was a huge selling point used by the dealership when I decided to buy my bike. At no point did anyone say "By the way...that's not 120 at the rear wheel" Get Real!

In reality, I'm sure the other Harleys on the floor are listed the same way. In practice, does anyone actually believe other manufacturers quote HP at the wheel? Of course not!

The 06 Night Rod, mine and every other one built, is published at 120HP. Why the controversy anyway? Revel in owning a 120HP V-Rod.

As for the Night Rod's cowl/faring, I'll keep mine as it helps destinguish it as HD's 120HP V-Rod.
Hey I have some waterfront property in Arizona for sale, real cheap!!!

120HP going down a mine shaft!

·
Think Warm & Sunny
156 Posts
Absolutely Hillarious....

Seems a few here are really quick to dis a fellow D Rodder for quoting the advertised HP rating put out on the 06 Night Rod by HD. I, too realize the advertised ratings of the D are at the crank, however, it seems strange that their are no disparaging remarks against HD or the other manufacturers for publishing crank numbers.

For those few...make sure you use your rear wheel HP when shooting the bull at the local bike nites. It makes the air heads and the Shadow owners feel so much better. It's so much fun throwing out the advertised 120HP and watching reactions.

For those that have a problem with my 120HP fun and games, go complain to HD. They advertised it at 120, not me.

It's so much fun when out and about, but I never expected it to continue here.. :stilpoke:

·
↓my kid & pet
510 Posts
WEATHERMAN said:
Seems a few here are really quick to dis a fellow D Rodder for quoting the advertised HP rating put out on the 06 Night Rod by HD. I, too realize the advertised ratings of the D are highly inflated, however, it seems strange that their are no disparaging remarks against HD or the other manufacturers for publishing numbers that we all know are a joke.
the advertised HP ratings are NOT inflated. you just don't seem to understand that HP ratings for ALL automobile manufacturers are at the crank. it would be stupid for manufacturers to advertise wheel HP because different rims and tires are going to soak up different amounts of power. just like the the typical 240 equipped Night Rod produces less hp at the rear wheel that the 180s due to the extra weight. you cannot transfer power from one place to another without losing some of it. the Night Rod engine does produce 120hp, but between 10-15hp is lost through the transmission, belt, and rear wheel.

for reference, most manual transmission cars typically lose 15% of it's power from the engine to the rear wheels. automatics are around 18-20% power loss.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
IF they all do it at the crank then one still can compare hp numbers. 120 is a lot of power.Yes you loose some but hey you started with 120 not 80.lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts