Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to make this change to my bike, but am unsure if it is possible. I searched the forums, and it covered the 04B, but not the 05B. Has anyone looked into this for our 05's? Thanks reading.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,373 Posts
There's no difference between the 04 and 05 B models as relates to the headlamp or mounting. All attach to the top triple tree mounting points. Though if the 05 uses the small headlamp a D unit will mount right up with no issues.
There are a couple aftermarket headlamp cowlings that will work with the 3D headlamp. Some look nicer than others.
What comes to mind are Breathless Performance, Speed Point, and there was a member here, DDstreetrod, that was making one though he has not been active here in 2 years.
Of the 3 the one that looks most like the D type fairing is the Speed Point.
There are and have been guys that have replaced their D and DX headlamps with other types and sold their stock units with fairing. That is sometime a more affordable option though I think the 3D headlamp is brighter makes a better pattern at night.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering if you could tell from my profile pic whether or not it would work. I believe so, but dont want to do a trade and end up with a headlight I cant use. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not sure if you got this figured out, but I put an 07 DX cowl on my 05 B with no issues. Here is a picture of it on the bike. Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice!!

Your bike looks great! Just completed my swap out yesterday. Easy 10 minute job. I am going for the anodized/DX Hybrid.

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
Your bike looks great. I love that anodized set. I have been putting together a set but still need an airbox cover and rear fender. If you ever decide to get rid of yours, let me know. Gotta love having several bikes, but just having one bike!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's funny how adding one thing, like the cowl, can alter the appearance of a bike so much. That was the first mod I did to mine after buying it. With the bike being orange, I unfortunately had the extra expense of having it painted to match. But it was money well spent IMO.

·
HzdPay
354 Posts
Looking good Pat!

I'm sure Mike told you about my headlight...I just spent two days trouble shooting why it wouldnt work lol....stupid license plate light shorting to my swing arm. Good to go now.

So whats the next step on your build?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you found it. Was it ran through the swingarm and chafing? Good troubleshooting. As far as I am concerned, a high-flow filter is next. Of course, the list of things I want to do keeps getting bigger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts