Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Night Rod front wheel bearing seal is on its way out. Did the search thing and I'm still wondering what size I need!
I have the black 10 spoke wheels part number in the book is HD 9247. What size is that?
Second any tips for removal/replace?
Thanks.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
I replaced my rear wheel bearings. Getting the 1st one out was horrid. Finally cut it out with a dremel tool. That would have been much quicker took like 10 minutes instead of buying different tools and driving back and forth to Harbor Freight. If I ever do bearings again I'll just cut the 1st side out. Once the 1st one is out, for the 2nd you can just pound out from the other side using something you probably already have (like an old axle or a large diameter chisel. The bearing removal tool I had just got all bent up trying to get the 1st side out.

To put the new ones in I put the new bearings in the freezer over night. They were pretty easy to tap in then. Put the old bearing on top of the new and tapped in that way. I don't have a press.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
You can also search the web for replacement bearings. I got All Balls for $12 each. My part number though is 9247 which is the 1" diameter axle.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Harbor freight sells garbage,not tools.
Weld a bolt to the bearing that fits a slide hammer and a stubborn bearing will slide right out.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,151 Posts
Harbor freight sells garbage,not tools.
Weld a bolt to the bearing that fits a slide hammer and a stubborn bearing will slide right out.
Not everyone has tools to weld. Dremel, 10 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts