Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
2008 VRSCD
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fairly stock VRSCD 2008 1250cc with 180mm rear... had10k miles when I got this just a couple months and 2k miles ago. It's my first Harley and I like it so far.

The bike came with the shorty pipes and forward controls and Willie G pegs and grips and backrest and stuff. I just added crash bars with pegs, Eagle LEDs lights all around (front are all halo but you can't really see in the pics since it was dusk), factory-type cowl (prior owner must have removed orig one?), and new airbox cover (from '06 Night Rod). No plans to do much else at this point except maybe a speedometer gauges skin and Metzeler tires when I'm due.

Bad&G under seat bags and fork bag get put also on for road or day trips. Hitting Sedona and Prescott and Tombstone with buds this week... Earp style 馃

If there is a pics forum/thread, I didn't find it... wanted to take and post these now when it's "done" in case I screw up the bike, lol.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Sky
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Sky Cloud
Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Sky
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Cloud Sky

Registered
2008 VRSCD
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great looking bike. I have an '08 VRSCD too. Sadly mine has a 250 on the rear, so handling isn't the best. I still wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy your ride.
Yeah, I have been liking it for sure.

At least you still have the 1250cc. Was that a rear tire convert project before you bought, or did some 2008 VRSCD have it? I thought only AW and DX had 240mm tire in 2008?

Registered
2008 VRSCD Night Rod
All the mods were done before I bought. I think they had to add the wide rear-end. They also lowered it a couple inches. Trying to figure out what yhe smallest tire I can put on this rim.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Registered
Congrats on Yours!
Working on mine
2008 vrscd as well
But I have the mids, which I think will be awesome.
Chronicle my journal shortly鈥.
Almost done with new front brake lines, drag bars, internal wiring, grips, etc.
Finish my homemade headlight lower this weekend.
Welcome
You have 1980 miles on me so far

Premium Member
Fairly stock VRSCD 2008 1250cc with 180mm rear... had10k miles when I got this just a couple months and 2k miles ago. It's my first Harley and I like it so far.

The bike came with the shorty pipes and forward controls and Willie G pegs and grips and backrest and stuff. I just added crash bars with pegs, Eagle LEDs lights all around (front are all halo but you can't really see in the pics since it was dusk), factory-type cowl (prior owner must have removed orig one?), and new airbox cover (from '06 Night Rod). No plans to do much else at this point except maybe a speedometer gauges skin and Metzeler tires when I'm due.

Bad&G under seat bags and fork bag get put also on for road or day trips. Hitting Sedona and Prescott and Tombstone with buds this week... Earp style 馃

If there is a pics forum/thread, I didn't find it... wanted to take and post these now when it's "done" in case I screw up the bike, lol.

View attachment 609159 View attachment 609160 View attachment 609161 View attachment 609162 View attachment 609163 View attachment 609164 View attachment 609165 View attachment 609166
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle
ride on!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Premium Member
Here is my 08 VRSCD, from delivery day alongside my 91 Sturgis to the most recent. Came with only 6k miles and with a Thundermax tuner with autotune module. Changes I made were conversion of all lamps to LEDS (requiring a load equalizer module), wider Kuryakyn pegs (fwd controls), K&N filtering, a Hogworkz luggage rack and bags. Some aethetic improvements with covers and a MoCo emphasis decal on the airbox. The bike came with a 240 Metzler on the back which is absolutely HUGE and have no plans to change sizes. Oh yeah.....can't overlook that barking CFR exhaust......no one likes to ride behind me. ;)
Tire Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Bicycle tire Rim
Fuel tank Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle
Tire Sky Wheel Window Fuel tank
Tire Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Sky Wheel Window Fuel tank

Tire Sky Wheel Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Fuel tank Vehicle Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Bicycle tire Rim

Registered
2008 VRSCD Night Rod
may I ask if the blue one is Miller lite bike?
Really digging the exhaust
From the research others have done and what I found is that it is a Miller bike. While working on it last winter I found the Miller paint code. Like I have said in other post, previous owners lowered it, added the wide tire and changed the exhaust.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Registered
2008 VRSCD Night Rod
1 - 16 of 16 Posts