Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2008 VRSCD
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, just wanted to verify that Progressive 412 and 440s work for the VRSCD 2007 and 08 bikes? I have the 180mm tire.
I was looking specifically at 13in heavy duty 412-4055 Progressive model. It seems the 412 standard aren't much of an upgrade on VRSC bikes but 412 heavy or 440+ models are an improvement.

All of the retailers and Progressive's website say the 412s are just for the VRod 02-06 and they only have a few high end shock models as "compatible" for 07/08 VRSCD. Amazon has most 412 sellers saying no (only fits 02-06) and just one saying yes to fitting VRSCD 2007/08 when you enter in your bike.
It seems from 1130 forum searches the Progressive 412/440 do work for AW, which are same frame as D but 240mm tire, so I can't imagine they wouldn't fit for the D of those years?

I don't want high end shocks... just something fairly cheap and basic for next time I need a rear tire anyways. I was actually looking for a deal on just some stock shocks take-off 13in from a newer year Muscle bikes where the owner upgraded right away (DX shocks OEM would be too short). People want so much for those OEM now that buying the 412s or better make sense. Lol

It must be a larger weight or a rear tire/fender thing with Harleys? I swear, sport bikes are much more cross-compatible and easy to find shocks for... you basically just ride your factory ones for 20k and then buy Fox shox to proper length/travel, and you're done, lol 馃お

Appreciated.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank

Premium Member
Not know if this helps you but I lowered my 04B by one inch with 12" 412s without major problems. Saddlebag brackets are little bit ground from inside for better clearance since the tire is 200.

Registered
Hi, just wanted to verify that Progressive 412 and 440s work for the VRSCD 2007 and 08 bikes? I have the 180mm tire.
I was looking specifically at 13in heavy duty 412-4055 Progressive model. It seems the 412 standard aren't much of an upgrade on VRSC bikes but 412 heavy or 440+ models are an improvement.

All of the retailers and Progressive's website say the 412s are just for the VRod 02-06 and they only have a few high end shock models as "compatible" for 07/08 VRSCD. Amazon has most 412 sellers saying no (only fits 02-06) and just one saying yes to fitting VRSCD 2007/08 when you enter in your bike.
It seems from 1130 forum searches the Progressive 412/440 do work for AW, which are same frame as D but 240mm tire, so I can't imagine they wouldn't fit for the D of those years?

I don't want high end shocks... just something fairly cheap and basic for next time I need a rear tire anyways. I was actually looking for a deal on just some stock shocks take-off 13in from a newer year Muscle bikes where the owner upgraded right away (DX shocks OEM would be too short). People want so much for those OEM now that buying the 412s or better make sense. Lol

It must be a larger weight or a rear tire/fender thing with Harleys? I swear, sport bikes are much more cross-compatible and easy to find shocks for... you basically just ride your factory ones for 20k and then buy Fox shox to proper length/travel, and you're done, lol 馃お

Appreciated.
View attachment 609322
I'm pretty sure all the rear shocks are compatible for all years. Lengths may be different, so verify proper clearance/height to your wishes. I used a set of Progressive 12.5" 444's (Night Rod 2007-2017) on my 2006 VRSCD and everything lined up just fine.

Registered
2008 VRSCD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I went ahead and ordered the 412s... will report once I get the chance to install. It seems the 07/08 Vrods are compatible but just left off most 'check fit' lists.

Basically everything VRSC parts is tabbed 02-06 or 07-12 or 07-17... but VRSCDs just get left off the lists... prob the wide frame yet narrow rear fender/tire, haha. Even the AW gets more love on parts lists!

Registered
Black 2007 VRSCD
Ok, I went ahead and ordered the 412s... will report once I get the chance to install. It seems the 07/08 Vrods are compatible but just left off most 'check fit' lists.

Basically everything VRSC parts is tabbed 02-06 or 07-12 or 07-17... but VRSCDs just get left off the lists... prob the wide frame yet narrow rear fender/tire, haha. Even the AW gets more love on parts lists!
LOL You aren't wrong "VRSCDs just get left off the lists" down to the smallest things! I just look at the size, shape, bolt pattern, order one that's close and make it work! I also did 12.5 Heavy Duty Progressives they get a bad rap because of the price but I love them. Only problem I have had is on long trips when the saddle bags are on they will hit the belt guard on big bumps. :( I'm going to a 200 tire on the next back tire change and going back to 13.5's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts