Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started work on an old unwanted 04 vrod left to time in a trailer park. I'm almost through with the restore/upgrades but need to find a set of pipes and all I can find are the bassani pipes. It has some toxic pipes on it now that look bad and are way to loud for the commuting I do on it. Any suggestions? (Also I know I still have to bring back the shine in the rear wheel. Its pitted and scuffed bad but with some effort I'll save it like I did the front wheel.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
306 Posts
I swear I have been looking over ebay for 2 months and didn't come across either of those. That thundered looks good
I can't say that I've heard a V-ROD with a Thunder Header. But I have one on a Deuce. It is a little on the loud side. But it sounds awesome! With a really deep throaty sound. Expensive pipes when they were new.

·
Registered
841 Posts
This does not compare to the sound from a air cooled Harley, apple's and oranges. The thunder header for the vrsc was not a full system. It was just a slipon, using the stock headpipes and shields just like the CFR.

·
Registered
306 Posts
JJrod,I highly doubt anyone on this site thinks a VROD sounds anything like an Air cooled Harley. With some luck, the OP can find some pipes that he likes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JJrod,I highly doubt anyone on this site thinks a VROD sounds anything like an Air cooled Harley. With some luck, the OP can find some pipes that he likes.
I havnt yet but I'm looking at a couple stock headers so I can go the slipon route. I commits so super loud isnt a goal. Just want a good sound not a deafening 1.

·
Registered
2011, HD, VROD
1 Posts
I recently started work on an old unwanted 04 vrod left to time in a trailer park. I'm almost through with the restore/upgrades but need to find a set of pipes and all I can find are the bassani pipes. It has some toxic pipes on it now that look bad and are way to loud for the commuting I do on it. Any suggestions? (Also I know I still have to bring back the shine in the rear wheel. Its pitted and scuffed bad but with some effort I'll save it like I did the front wheel.) View attachment 607364
I recently started work on an old unwanted 04 vrod left to time in a trailer park. I'm almost through with the restore/upgrades but need to find a set of pipes and all I can find are the bassani pipes. It has some toxic pipes on it now that look bad and are way to loud for the commuting I do on it. Any suggestions? (Also I know I still have to bring back the shine in the rear wheel. Its pitted and scuffed bad but with some effort I'll save it like I did the front wheel.) View attachment 607364
Check out grcustoms.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you still looking for an exhaust system? If so I have a set of factory two in to one complete with all mounting hardware. I would consider the pipes as being almost perfect! I only have pictures of the exhaust on my old V-rod. It was a 100 Anniversary Edition. I will try & attach some pics. I only removed the exhaust because I upgraded. I still to this day thought the exhaust was beautiful looking. I have 12 V-Rod Muscle now, the exhaust won't fit.
How are you my name is Will. This site is bullshit today, this is the third time I've typed this & it won't allow me to attach pics!! I have a complete factory two into one exhaust system. This includes mounting hardware & bolts. It came off of a 03 100yr Anniversary Edition. The system is almost perfect. Still won't let me attach pics, I'm sure we can come up with a way if your interested. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a brand new set of satin exhaust pipes for 2016 vrod muscle.. I’m in Az so not sure if it’ll help but u can have them..

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a brand new set of satin pipes that is oem... came off of my 2016 Vrod Muscle.. I’m out of Az, but you can have them...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a brand new set of satin pipes that is oem... came off of my 2016 Vrod Muscle.. I’m out of Az, but you can have them...
I would love them but mine is an 04 I don't think they will fit the 1130. Unless I'm wrong I think the muscle runs the pipes down both sides right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you still looking for an exhaust system? If so I have a set of factory two in to one complete with all mounting hardware. I would consider the pipes as being almost perfect! I only have pictures of the exhaust on my old V-rod. It was a 100 Anniversary Edition. I will try & attach some pics. I only removed the exhaust because I upgraded. I still to this day thought the exhaust was beautiful looking. I have 12 V-Rod Muscle now, the exhaust won't fit.

How are you my name is Will. This site is bullshit today, this is the third time I've typed this & it won't allow me to attach pics!! I have a complete factory two into one exhaust system. This includes mounting hardware & bolts. It came off of a 03 100yr Anniversary Edition. The system is almost perfect. Still won't let me attach pics, I'm sure we can come up with a way if your interested. Thanks for reading.
Heck yeah brother how much are you asking? That is exactly what I'm looking for id love to go factory! They are beautiful and hard to find!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heck yeah brother how much are you asking? That is exactly what I'm looking for id love to go factory! They are beautiful and hard to find!
I would like to get $175. Your right, they are hard to find, & look very great for factory. Try & reach me! 9*8*9**5**2**9**3**6**3**3
I have some great pics of the system when it was on my old bike. Thanks, Will.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey I see you need some help on making your back wheels shine. No problem here is my email [email protected] email me I’ll explain it to you so you know how to polish your rims. I have a extra 2 into 1 chrome if you need it make you a good deal. It’s a rinehart pipe. Hers a picture of one I have on mine. I have a used extra one nothing wrong with it they replaced it. Not sure if I can send you a picture on here email me my name is Steve.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts